5 Signs That You Enjoy Your Pet More Than You Enjoy People
A walk before the rain!
“Such short little lives our pets have to spend with us, and they spend most of it waiting for us to come home each day.” – John Grogan
1. You spend more time with your dog than you do others – Have you ever made an excuse to skip a party to stay home with your pet? Be honest…:-). I would love to hear your “excuses”…hmmm…comments below :-). Or you can email me if you like!
2. When you have a bad day, you don’t want to see anyone but your pup – After a long day of being harassed by customers or undermined by your boss, sometimes you don’t want to see another human being. While it is great to spend time with your family and friends, nothing gets your heart rate down like seeing your dog’s smiling face.
3. You routinely reject invitations where your dog can’t be your plus one – I can be honest here…this is not me but I have been asked to put my dogs in the basement because my guests were uncomfortable with them. I politely declined and they never were invited back. I also admit that I do know people like this who will not go to an event if their dog is not invited or allowed to be their plus one.
4. You proudly show off photos of your pooch more than of your family – If someone asks about your dog, you can’t wait to pull out your phone and scroll through the adorable snaps you keep handy, like a proud grandparent showing their grandchildren. But I do admit…I am like this. I try not to overwhelm the person but I LOVE talking about Jake and Maggie. I also love showing them off…hence…this blog :-).
5. You know your pet is at home alone and you have left a function early to be with him – Guilt anyone??? Are you guilty of feeling guilty? How many of us have sat through a meeting, a family function, a child’s birthday party secretly looking at the clock and wishing for the time to pass quickly. You know your pup is home alone and being with him sounds way better than being where you are at the moment. Well, I am guilty of this. I am also guilty of this many times over. There is so much joy in walking into the house and seeing wagging tails and wiping off slobbery kisses.
You Might Also Like
Happy Wednesday everyone! I hope your week is going well. I've been wanting to put this post out for awhile now so that I could share the good news...Thomas and I are the proud godparents to the most beautiful baby boy we have ever seen. His name is Max and he is a...
Happy Monday everyone! I hope you all had a great weekend. I wrote this post because I have two sweet labs who love to lick me but I call it “giving kisses"! As I type this, Jake is laying next to me giving me kisses on my leg. In the middle of the night, I will...