Maggie is my biggest "little helper" in the kitchen 🙂
Beer Braised Bratwurst Sandwich
- 4 tbsp butter
- 2 sweet onions
- 1 bottle of beer (I used German beer)
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp white vinegar
- 1 tsp thyme
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 5 bratwurst
- 5 hoagie buns, rolls, or italian bread
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 red peppers, sliced
- 2 green peppers, sliced
- 10 slices extra sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 tbsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tbsp pepper
- 1/2 tbsp garlic salt
- Slice onions and add to pan. Cook in 4 tablespoons butter. I used salted butter from Land O' Lakes. Cook until onions are almost soft.
- Add beer, brown sugar, vinegar, thyme, Worcestershire sauce and stir until onoins are soft.
- Add bratwurst and cook for approximately 10 minutes.
- Transfer bratwurst to another pan and cook in olive oil until sides are crispy.
- Return bratwurst to pan with onion/beer mixture, add cornstarch, and cook on medium heat while you cook the peppers.
- Cut green and red peppers into slices. Add to a seperate pan with olive oil, salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Cook until soft.
- While peppers are cooking, use the pan that you sauted' the bratwurst in and toast your bread or buns. Add butter to the pan but keep watching to make sure the buns do not burn.
- When peppers are done, buns are toasted, turn the heat off and assembly your sandwich.
I love hearing from all of you and do my best to respond to each and every one of you. I always enjoy your comments, feedback, and suggestions so keep them coming! If I’ve posted a recipe (for our human and our furry friends) and you try it, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram @twoadorablelabs and use #twoadorablelabs.
You Might Also Like
Happy Wednesday everyone! This Maple Glazed Apple Pull-apart Bread is gooey, mapley, applely, and salty all in one loaf of bread. I found this recipe on Half Baked Harvest and had to try it because it is something I wouldn’t normally make and having an optional...
Happy Monday everyone! I made this sweet and delicious Root Beer Float awhile back (HERE) but changed it up a bit this weekend by adding CHOCOLATE syrup!! OMG! This is what it has been missing. Can you taste it now…vanilla ice cream, root beer, whip cream, and...
Happy Wednesday everyone! It’s the middle of the week and I figured you needed a little pick me up like this extra sweet Red Valentine's Day Milkshake with white chocolate dipped candy covered pink and white marshmallows! Yes, I know…it is blistery cold outside with...