Maggie is my biggest "little helper" in the kitchen 🙂
Beer Braised Bratwurst Sandwich
- 4 tbsp butter
- 2 sweet onions
- 1 bottle of beer (I used German beer)
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp white vinegar
- 1 tsp thyme
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 5 bratwurst
- 5 hoagie buns, rolls, or italian bread
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 red peppers, sliced
- 2 green peppers, sliced
- 10 slices extra sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 tbsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tbsp pepper
- 1/2 tbsp garlic salt
- Slice onions and add to pan. Cook in 4 tablespoons butter. I used salted butter from Land O' Lakes. Cook until onions are almost soft.
- Add beer, brown sugar, vinegar, thyme, Worcestershire sauce and stir until onoins are soft.
- Add bratwurst and cook for approximately 10 minutes.
- Transfer bratwurst to another pan and cook in olive oil until sides are crispy.
- Return bratwurst to pan with onion/beer mixture, add cornstarch, and cook on medium heat while you cook the peppers.
- Cut green and red peppers into slices. Add to a seperate pan with olive oil, salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Cook until soft.
- While peppers are cooking, use the pan that you sauted' the bratwurst in and toast your bread or buns. Add butter to the pan but keep watching to make sure the buns do not burn.
- When peppers are done, buns are toasted, turn the heat off and assembly your sandwich.
I love hearing from all of you and do my best to respond to each and every one of you. I always enjoy your comments, feedback, and suggestions so keep them coming! If I’ve posted a recipe (for our human and our furry friends) and you try it, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram @twoadorablelabs and use #twoadorablelabs.
You Might Also Like
Vanilla Espresso Martini
Happy Tuesday everyone! We are day 20 of The 24 Days Before Christmas and this Vanilla Espresso Martini is the best way to kick off the holidays! Sweet, rich, with hints of honey, vanilla, Kahlua, and coffee shaken with ice and poured into a gorgeous stag martini...
This is a re-post: Happy St. Patrick's Day!!!! We hope you enjoy your day by doing something special. Don't forget to make this Irish Coffee. It is soooo good! I'll be making Mr. TAL and myself a cup tomorrow morning :-). I've updated this post and added a few...
Happy Wednesday everyone! Today on the blog is Thomas’ Manhattan! The night we put up our tree, we tried a few drink recipes like our Mudslide Cocktail and this one which I’m lovingly calling it Thomas’ Manhattan. There were two verdicts…mine and Mr. TAL’s…and he...
My hubby loves sandwiches! Gonna have 2 try this and maybe switch up different beers and cheeses!!
Yeahhh! So many ways you can make this recipe!