Maggie is my biggest "little helper" in the kitchen 🙂
Beer Braised Bratwurst Sandwich
- 4 tbsp butter
- 2 sweet onions
- 1 bottle of beer (I used German beer)
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp white vinegar
- 1 tsp thyme
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 5 bratwurst
- 5 hoagie buns, rolls, or italian bread
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 red peppers, sliced
- 2 green peppers, sliced
- 10 slices extra sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 tbsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tbsp pepper
- 1/2 tbsp garlic salt
- Slice onions and add to pan. Cook in 4 tablespoons butter. I used salted butter from Land O' Lakes. Cook until onions are almost soft.
- Add beer, brown sugar, vinegar, thyme, Worcestershire sauce and stir until onoins are soft.
- Add bratwurst and cook for approximately 10 minutes.
- Transfer bratwurst to another pan and cook in olive oil until sides are crispy.
- Return bratwurst to pan with onion/beer mixture, add cornstarch, and cook on medium heat while you cook the peppers.
- Cut green and red peppers into slices. Add to a seperate pan with olive oil, salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Cook until soft.
- While peppers are cooking, use the pan that you sauted' the bratwurst in and toast your bread or buns. Add butter to the pan but keep watching to make sure the buns do not burn.
- When peppers are done, buns are toasted, turn the heat off and assembly your sandwich.
I love hearing from all of you and do my best to respond to each and every one of you. I always enjoy your comments, feedback, and suggestions so keep them coming! If I’ve posted a recipe (for our human and our furry friends) and you try it, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram @twoadorablelabs and use #twoadorablelabs.
You Might Also Like
Happy St. Patrick’s Day everyone!!! I wanted to send this surprise Irish coffee recipe your way as a Thank you for your amazing support over the years. We absolutely love all of you and we appreciate our readers so much. We love getting your comments, ideas, and...
Happy Wednesday everyone! Today on the blog is Thomas’ Manhattan! The night we put up our tree, we tried a few drink recipes like our Mudslide Cocktail and this one which I’m lovingly calling it Thomas’ Manhattan. There were two verdicts…mine and Mr. TAL’s…and he...
Happy Wednesday everyone!! It’s December 1st and we are kicking off the month with this decadent Mudslide Cocktail With Ice Cream dripping in Bailey's Original Irish cream, Stolichnaya Vodka, and Kahlua Rum and Coffee Liqueur. Add in the sweet French vanilla ice...