Puppy Pretzels With Cheese
- 1 1/2 cups oat flour I used Bob Mills flour
- 1/2 cup coconut flour I used Bob Mills flour
- 1 egg, large I used Vital Farms eggs
- 1/2 cup applesauce I used 1 cup
- 1/4 cup finely grated carrot, lighly measured (not packed) I used 4 baby carrots and shredded right into the bowl
- 1 tbsp coconut oil, slightly heaping I added directly from jar right into the recipe
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside for later.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together oat and coconut flour.
- Add remaining wet ingredients and stir together.
- Knead the dough into a ball. The dough should have a play doh-like consistency. If too dry, add a tiny bit more coconut oil. If too wet, let rest on the corner for about 4 minutes before shaping into pretzels.
- Pinch a piece of dough and use your hands to roll into a long rope about 1/4 inch thick.
- Transport to sheet pans, shape into a "U", cross, twist, and fold each piece to form the pretzel.
- The pretzels will not spread but make sure they do not touch to avoid sticking together.
- Bake for 20 minutes on one side
- Turn over and bake for 5-10 minutes more. I only baked for 5 minutes more.
- Store in air tight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks, or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
You Might Also Like
Happy Wednesday everyone! I hope your week is going well. I've been wanting to put this post out for awhile now so that I could share the good news...Thomas and I are the proud godparents to the most beautiful baby boy we have ever seen. His name is Max and he is a...
Happy Monday everyone! I hope you all had a great weekend. I wrote this post because I have two sweet labs who love to lick me but I call it “giving kisses"! As I type this, Jake is laying next to me giving me kisses on my leg. In the middle of the night, I will...