- 1 1/2 cups oat flour I used Bob Mills flour
- 1/2 cup coconut flour I used Bob Mills flour
- 1 egg, large I used Vital Farms eggs
- 1/2 cup applesauce I used 1 cup
- 1/4 cup finely grated carrot, lighly measured (not packed) I used 4 baby carrots and shredded right into the bowl
- 1 tbsp coconut oil, slightly heaping I added directly from jar right into the recipe
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside for later.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together oat and coconut flour.
- Add remaining wet ingredients and stir together.
- Knead the dough into a ball. The dough should have a play doh-like consistency. If too dry, add a tiny bit more coconut oil. If too wet, let rest on the corner for about 4 minutes before shaping into pretzels.
- Pinch a piece of dough and use your hands to roll into a long rope about 1/4 inch thick.
- Transport to sheet pans, shape into a "U", cross, twist, and fold each piece to form the pretzel.
- The pretzels will not spread but make sure they do not touch to avoid sticking together.
- Bake for 20 minutes on one side
- Turn over and bake for 5-10 minutes more. I only baked for 5 minutes more.
- Store in air tight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks, or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
You Might Also Like
Happy Wednesday everyone! Ever wonder what your pet's reaction means to something? Your Dog's Zodiac Sign is a fun post that sheds light on their behavior based on the month they were born. Jake and Maggie are Gemini's born June 8, 2017! The horoscope (see chart)...
Happy Wednesday everyone! Today on the blog we are talking about The Stigma Surrounding The Pitbull Breed. For those of you who have never owned a Pitbull, I want to tell you that they are a wonderful breed. So when I heard about the UK banning all XL bully dog...