Puppy Pretzels With Cheese
- 1 1/2 cups oat flour I used Bob Mills flour
- 1/2 cup coconut flour I used Bob Mills flour
- 1 egg, large I used Vital Farms eggs
- 1/2 cup applesauce I used 1 cup
- 1/4 cup finely grated carrot, lighly measured (not packed) I used 4 baby carrots and shredded right into the bowl
- 1 tbsp coconut oil, slightly heaping I added directly from jar right into the recipe
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside for later.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together oat and coconut flour.
- Add remaining wet ingredients and stir together.
- Knead the dough into a ball. The dough should have a play doh-like consistency. If too dry, add a tiny bit more coconut oil. If too wet, let rest on the corner for about 4 minutes before shaping into pretzels.
- Pinch a piece of dough and use your hands to roll into a long rope about 1/4 inch thick.
- Transport to sheet pans, shape into a "U", cross, twist, and fold each piece to form the pretzel.
- The pretzels will not spread but make sure they do not touch to avoid sticking together.
- Bake for 20 minutes on one side
- Turn over and bake for 5-10 minutes more. I only baked for 5 minutes more.
- Store in air tight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks, or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
You Might Also Like
Happy Monday everyone! Who is ready for home projects? We are and we are checking items off our "to-do" list!! Pet Safe Paint...Spring is here and we are working on getting our home projects done which means painting and more painting! From the outside to the...
Happy Monday everyone!!!! I hope you all had a wonderful Easter. We had a gorgeous Easter weekend where Jake and Maggie enjoyed another Easter egg hunt, played Frisbee in the yard and tried a new doggie treat. I read in Southern Living magazine that 2020 was the...