I first have to say that I’m so proud of myself!!! Why???? Because tonight, for the first time ever, I made salmon and all by myself to boot! I’m not a lover of salmon but Thomas is and I wanted to make us a healthy dinner. So off to the store I went in search of his favorite fish. And…the only thing left were these 3 little pieces so I told the lady to wrap em’ up!
I asked…do you want just olive oil with salt and pepper or do you want a glaze on these little buggers. I crossed my fingers hoping he would say just olive oil but nope, he wanted a glaze. This made me nervous! Yikes! But to my delight, they turned out amazing and I don’t even like salmon.
- 1.11 pounds of farm raised Atlantic salmon (The weight in these 3 pieces)
- 2 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup Worcestershire sauce
- 3 teaspoons of minced garlic
- 1/2 cup of lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon of dried parsley flakes or fresh parsley if you have it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small bowl whisk together the olive oil, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Lay salmon in and pour the glaze (leave some for glazing after salmon is cooked) over top and add parsley flakes. Fold the sides of the aluminum foil around the salmon. Cover top with a layer of aluminum foil to seal the juices in.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until salmon is cooked throughout.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of Extra Virgin Olive Oil in a pan. When hot, lay the salmon down onto the pan (skin side up) to sear in the juices for approximately 2 minutes or to your liking. Take from the pan and drizzle remaining glaze mixture.
- Serve with pan seared broccoli and baked potato or rice.
You Might Also Like
Happy Wednesday everyone!!! I haven't shared a human recipe in a while (well, except for this Caprese sandwich HERE) so I couldn't wait to surprise you with this one!! I created this recipe when Thomas and I first got married. I love cooking for him because he is...
Happy Wednesday everyone!! I had originally planned a totally different post for today but decided to save it for next week. I wanted to share this Caprese Sandwich with you instead. It is incredibly easy to make and from what Thomas tells me, soooo delicious. Our...
Happy Wednesday everyone!! Can you believe July 4th is this weekend!! I had planned on posting this recipe much earlier, as well as, my red, white, and blue tablescapes but this holiday came upon me so fast! We have had so much going on this month that time flew by...