Apple Wild Rice Pilaf
- 2 large honey crisp apples
- 2 small red onions
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 2 tbsp oil (I used Canola oil)
- 1 box wild rice blend made accordingly to box directions
- bay leaves (I used 3)
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup olive oil (I used extra virgin)
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 4 tsp honey
- 1 small container of pomegranate seeds
- salt and pepper to taste (if needed)
- Cut apples and onions as directed earlier in the post
- Boil rice according to instructions
- While rice is boiling, sauté onions, walnuts, salt, pepper in oil for approximately 5 minutes
- Add apples, pomegranate seeds and sauté in oil along with onions. Add bay leaves but take out when you add your rice
- Mix dressing by combining olive oil, lemon juice, and honey. Shake to emulsify
- Plate your rice mixture and pour dressing over rice and serve
I love hearing from all of you and do my best to respond to each and every one of you. I always enjoy your comments, feedback, and suggestions so keep them coming! If I’ve posted a recipe (for our human and our furry friends) and you try it, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram @twoadorablelabs and use #twoadorablelabs.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
You Might Also Like
Happy "Friday Treats Friday" everyone! Today on the blog is Dog Snickerdoodles in the shape of gingerbread men and candy canes. I found this recipe on Home Alive Pets and couldn’t wait to make it. I’ve been looking for Christmas doggie and kitty cat recipes to post...
Happy Wednesday everyone!! It’s December 1st and we are kicking off the month with this decadent Mudslide Cocktail With Ice Cream dripping in Bailey's Original Irish cream, Stolichnaya Vodka, and Kahlua Rum and Coffee Liqueur. Add in the sweet French vanilla ice...
Happy Monday everyone!!! 19 Winter activities to do with your dog. December is almost here and that means cold blistering weather, fires burning, lights twinkling and a bored pup who wants to go outside and play! Jake and Maggie love to play frisbee in the snow but...
Happy Tuesday everyone! On the blog today is a surprise post about my “Friendsgiving Table And A Baked Brie Recipe”. This table and recipe was created to show my appreciate for my sister and friends at Thanksgiving. Per my post yesterday, Ham Bean Cabbage Soup, I...
Happy Monday everyone! This Ham Cabbage Bean Soup is perfect for an after Thanksgiving Day meal! What better way to use your leftovers but to make this delicious soup. Spiral ham, cabbage, beans, carrots, onions, mushrooms, butter, milk, along with spices and...
Happy “Friday Treats Friday” everyone! Apple and Zucchini Doggie Hors d’oeuvres on the blog today!!! With Thanksgiving next week, I was thinking of a fun doggie treat for the pups! My sister hosts Thanksgiving at her house and always makes a fabulous meal for us...