Additions to your scalloped potatoes:
*You could add onions in between your potatoes
*Add green onions and bacon to the top of the dish
*Serve with sour cream
*Another option would be to add lobster or shrimp
*This dish would go great with steak or a side dish to your turkey dinner for Thanksgiving or Christmas
*This recipe could feed 6 people with leftovers but if you wanted to double the recipe, stack the rows of potatoes and double the ingredients. Just make sure you cook longer and take out when the potatoes are tender
*Create a crunch top by mixing up Kellog’s Brand Flakes and slivers of almonds and bake them on top
*Like your scalloped potatoes with a touch of spice? Combine 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon and 1/2 teaspoon of nutmeg, mix in with your shredded cheese and sprinkle on top for baking
*You can lay the potatoes horizontally or vertically. Either way will work.
Cheesy Scalloped Potatoes
- 10 large potatoes
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp pink Himalayan salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp parsley
- 8 tbsp butter, unsalted
- 4 tbsp flour
- 1 1/2 cup half and half
- 1 16 oz bag shredded Monterey Jack and Colby cheese
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Wash potatoes, slice into rounds, wash, and set aside keeping skins on
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Add salt, pepper, paprika garlic powder, pepper, red pepper flakes, and parsley together and toss in with potatoes. Let sit while you create the cheese sauce.
- In a medium sauce pan over medium heat, melt butter. Whisk flour into melted butter until combined well.
- Add half and half into flour and butter mixture and stir well.
- Toss in 1 cup of Monterey cheese and 1 cup of Colby Cheese until completely combined. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Layer your potatoes in a dish and pour cheese sauce over the potatoes.
- Top with Monterey and Colby cheeses about 1 inch thick high
- Sprinkle grated parmesan cheese on top
- Cover and bake for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake for 30 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Broil for 5 minutes. Serve hot.
I love hearing from all of you and do my best to respond to each and every one of you. I always enjoy your comments, feedback, and suggestions so keep them coming! If I’ve posted a recipe (for our human and our furry friends) and you try it, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram @twoadorablelabs and use #twoadorablelabs.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
You Might Also Like
Happy Wednesday everyone! I wanted to get this Pumpkins Galore Tablescape out early enough so that you get inspiration from it for your own tables and homes. I was at Walmart yesterday and they are putting their Christmas decor out. All of the fall decor was pushed...
Happy Wednesday everyone! We just got back from our trip to Dog Friendly Nashville and Dog Friendly Franklin, TN. Nashville is dog friendly too but in my personal opinion, there is more to do in Franklin when you are traveling with your pup. Jake And Maggie...
Hello everyone from Sunny Nashville, TN! How to get the best hotel accommodations for your pet! We checked into the Renaissance Nashville Hotel last evening and as we were walking the dogs for their potty break, a thought came to me! It was 9:30 pm and what if I...
Happy Wednesday everyone! I’m hosting Mother’s Day dinner this year and want you to see my simple but elegant table I put together. Normally I add a tablecloth but thought the white china and gold silverware looked rich against the wood table. Mr. TAL and I bought...
Happy Wednesday everyone! Easter Sunday is April 9th! Can you believe it! My Bunny Table is perfect for your Easter Dinner. So full of vibrant colors, bunny rabbits, adorable bunny ear napkin rings lined in pearls and dainty yellow and pink flowers. This table...
Happy Wednesday everyone! Check out my fun St. Patrick’s Day tablescape I put together to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day! I love this holiday but can never find many clover dishes or linens so I was very happy to come across these clover placemats and matching napkins...