This can be made into many different shapes other than a Christmas tree:
– medallion or wheel
– smear onto a board (like they are doing on TikTok and Instagram)
Sometimes it is so fun just to create a spread of appetizers or finger foods instead of a meal. Appetizers are so easy to change up and re-create.
Ways to re-create this recipe:
– Add cranberries
– Add shredded extra sharp cheddar
– Add cashews
– Add walnuts
– Add goat cheese
– Add honey
– Add banana peppers
– Omit the nuts and spread between two slices of French or Italian bread. Butter lightly and toast on each side to make a sandwich. Add tomatoes and ground meat to make a burger.
– Smear onto a ham sandwich!
– Add bacon bits or fry up some bacon, chop into small pieces and combine into the cheese mixture
– Stuff Jalapeño peppers and bake in the oven at 350 degrees until cheese is melted and peppers are soft with crispy edges
– Roll into balls and roll into smashed Doritos. Add toothpicks for easy eating
– Melt in the microwave and eat with chips
I spent the entire day making recipes. I had these ingredients at home and decided to create this recipe with what I had. As I stated above, there are so many ways you can make this recipe. It is delicious, easy, and reasonably priced for a festive, fun, appetizer for you and your guests! I found these adorable Mudpie serving platters at TJMaxx and Home Goods which were perfect for this size of cheese ball. The one tray even came with a cheese knife! So perfect for the holidays! Enjoy!
P.S. This Cream Cheese Christmas Tree has a Mexican flair to it. Drizzle hot chili sauce over it or add a side of salsa for a spin. Drizzle your favorite marmalade over the top for added flavor!
Cream Cheese Christmas Tree
- 8 oz package of cream cheese right out of the refrigerator
- 1 cup Mexican Cheese 4 Cheeses Farmhouse Thick Cut By Tillanook
- 1 cup Sharp Cheddar, shredded
- 1/2 cup Mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 pinch hot pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- tomatoes and toothpicks for the top
- Mix all cheese together in a bowl
- Add garlic powder, salt, pepper, and hot pepper flakes
- Chop pecans and parsley
- Shape cheese into a tree with your hands and roll into pecans and parsley
- Spear cherry tomatoes with toothpicks and add to the top. I added more parsley to the top
I’m Bobbi Jo, a lab-lover who took my passion for animals and dogs and turned it into something bigger. When I adopted Jake and Maggie, my love for them became the driving force behind Two Adorable Labs, and my blog was born. My hope is to not only share them with the world, but to help educate others on the importance of animal health and well-being.
I love hearing from all of you and do my best to respond to each and every one of you. I always enjoy your comments, feedback, and suggestions so keep them coming! If I’ve posted a recipe (for our human and our furry friends) and you try it, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram @twoadorablelabs and use #twoadorablelabs.
If you do try and love my recipes, I would greatly appreciate a comment and rating. I read every single one and respond to them. It also lets Google know that the website contains quality content. The more comments and 5-star ratings, the more Google will show my blog in search results! Thank you so much!
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
You Might Also Like
Happy Wednesday everyone! Ever wonder what your pet's reaction means to something? Your Dog's Zodiac Sign is a fun post that sheds light on their behavior based on the month they were born. Jake and Maggie are Gemini's born June 8, 2017! The horoscope (see chart)...
Happy New Years!!!! I’m so excited to talk about my New Years Table With Pink And Red Showcasing Ava’s Candles!!!!! The colors on this table were inspired by the colors of my bedroom when I was a child. Yes, I had a pink and red bedroom and it was beautiful. I...
I wanted to take this time to wish all of you a Merry Christmas and thank you for all of your support, ideas, thoughts, and suggestions along the way. I have many things to be thankful for and am grateful that I have this blog which gives me the opportunity to let my...
Happy Wednesday everyone! My new Santas, Poinsettias, Cranberry Bourbon Sours Table gives big Christmas vibes! I added a festive addition with this Cranberry Bourbon Sours drink with a sweet and sour combo of homemade cranberry-orange syrup, warming bourbon, fresh...
Happy Wednesday everyone! It’s Turkey Day tomorrow and I know some of you are heading out for the Black Friday Deals on Friday. Last year I put together a large list of deals and places to shop (See Black Friday Sales). I got a good many emails thanking me for the...
Happy Wednesday everyone! I can’t believe Thanksgiving is next week!!! My Turkey Table 2023 is my favorite Thanksgiving table yet with the deep, rich colors, silk florals, pumpkins, and pheasants. I wanted to pull every color from the dishes to the table and I...