FROMM Pet Food
If you read my last post regarding my trip to #Treats-Unleashed, you might be interested in hearing about #FROMM pet food. I’m looking for a holistic dog food for the pups and when Brandon, my sales guy, highly recommended this brand and why, I started listening. He gave me several samples to try and when I mixed those in with their current food, Jake and Maggie seemed to devour their breakfast and dinner!
So, I went on a mission to research the company and to verify what I had been told and thought I’d share with you. These are among the few reasons as to why I’m leaning towards purchasing from FROMM.
- Family owned and operated. Owning and operating their plants allows them to have full control over the quality and safety of the products they produce. This encompasses everything including, sanitation and pest control, facility maintenance, employee training, sourcing of ingredients, in-house lab analysis, preparation of meat and produce, formulation and blending, processing, packaging, warehousing and distribution.
- They have made food safety their highest priority and have implemented HACCP (Hazard Analysis & Critical Control Points) programs in their manufacturing plants. HACCP is a comprehensive preventative program used to identify vulnerabilities and establish documented controls to alleviate the potential issue.
- Their Approved Supplier Program ensures that ingredients have been tested by their suppliers and are secure and unadulterated until they are received at their plants. The ingredients are sampled and not unloaded until their own on-site testing labs can verify the safety and integrity of the received load. In process testing is also done at their labs to confirm our formulations are complying with guaranteed analysis as stated on their labels.
- Their packaged dry pet food and treats are sampled and tested by an outside lab for pathogenic bacteria. The product is held and cannot be shipped until lab results are obtained and the product is cleared. This final step helps to ensure that our pet foods are wholesome and unadulterated.
- Their packaged canned pet food production times, temperatures, and pressures are monitored and recorded during the entire cooking process and require two authorized individuals to verify all thermal specifications have been met prior to release. As a final step, sample cans from every cooker are incubated for an established period of time to verify the elimination of all microbes. Once cans have been verified to be sterile, they are released for distribution.
- Every package of Fromm product you find on retail shelves includes a unique batch code which allows them to trace each product through processing, formulation and back to the individual ingredient supplier.
- Compliance to federal, state and local regulations is of the utmost importance. To ensure this compliance they perform audits of our procedures, programs and documentation on a regular basis. They are also subjected to random and periodic inspections performed by outside agencies such as the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) and the Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service (APHIS).
Check out their Question and Answer page at https://frommfamily.com/about/question-and-answer/
“New collars for Jake and Maggie”. “Early birthday present found at Chewy.com!”
You Might Also Like
Happy Wednesday everyone! Hope you are all having a great week so far! Today I’d like to talk about weed and feed for lawns. Yes, I know…might be boring but so important. Have you ever stood back and compared your lawn to your neighbors? I admit that I have. Our...
Happy Wednesday everyone! Thanks for tuning in to the second part of Jake and Maggie's birthday party. See the first part HERE. There was so much information and fun pictures that I couldn't fit it all into one post. I've been told I'm a crazy dog mom but that is...
Happy Monday everyone!! Jake and Maggie celebrated their 3rd birthday party on Saturday with their human and furry friends. They had a blast! We made tons of food and had "pup cakes" enough to go around for all their doggie friends! I bought an agility course, dog...