Help Protect Wildlife And Their Habitat
- Seek humane solutions when a conflict arises with wildlife in your home or yard.
- Support migratory birds and other wildlife by replacing unused areas of lawn with native trees, shrubs, wildflowers, and grasses that provide food and cover.
- Maintain a birdbath with clean, fresh water to help your backyard birds and migrating birds needing a rest stop.
- Install bat houses – happy bats, fewer bugs.
- Provide wildlife cover and shelter by creating a brush pile with cut fallen branches.
- Don’t allow hunting or trapping on your property.
- Recycle yard waste, but when doing spring cleanup, leave behind twigs and leaves for nesting birds to use.
- Feed pets indoors, or keep pet food in securely covered containers to reduce temptation for raccoons and skunks.
- Keep cats indoors – for their own safety as well as for the sake of birds and other wildlife.
- Reduce or even eliminate the need to use pesticides and fertilizers in your garden by choosing native plants and natural pest control methods.
The Top 10 Ways To Save Wildlife is a great and informative list with ideas that you might have never thought about.
I think it is so important to teach children at a young age to love and respect animals. My sister and I learned at a young age to care for farm animals, nurture them, feed them, and respect their boundaries. I put together an informational post awhile pack on How To Teach Children To Be Kind To Animals which I hope you enjoy reading.
I love hearing from all of you and do my best to respond to each and every one of you. I always enjoy your comments, feedback, and suggestions so keep them coming! If I’ve posted a recipe (for our human and our furry friends) and you try it, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram @twoadorablelabs and use #twoadorablelabs.
You Might Also Like
This is a re-post: If you've got a new kitten or plan to adopt one, check out this informative post on What To Think About Before Welcoming A New Kitten Into Your Home! This post not only applies to kittens but cats as well. The shelters and charities are full of...
Happy Saturday everyone! I’m so excited to share The Ultimate Gift Guide For Pet Parents. Today’s post contains affiliate links, photos, post links, and ideas on what to get that pet lover in your life. Not only can this guide help you with ideas for that special...
Happy Friday everyone! I have to say that these Puppy Pumpkin Pancakes were a huge hit with Jake and Maggie. They love pumpkin and cinnamon and when I pulled my little glass jar of cinnamon out, they both were at my side in seconds. Well, they were laying next to me...