Help Protect Wildlife And Their Habitat
- Seek humane solutions when a conflict arises with wildlife in your home or yard.
- Support migratory birds and other wildlife by replacing unused areas of lawn with native trees, shrubs, wildflowers, and grasses that provide food and cover.
- Maintain a birdbath with clean, fresh water to help your backyard birds and migrating birds needing a rest stop.
- Install bat houses – happy bats, fewer bugs.
- Provide wildlife cover and shelter by creating a brush pile with cut fallen branches.
- Don’t allow hunting or trapping on your property.
- Recycle yard waste, but when doing spring cleanup, leave behind twigs and leaves for nesting birds to use.
- Feed pets indoors, or keep pet food in securely covered containers to reduce temptation for raccoons and skunks.
- Keep cats indoors – for their own safety as well as for the sake of birds and other wildlife.
- Reduce or even eliminate the need to use pesticides and fertilizers in your garden by choosing native plants and natural pest control methods.
The Top 10 Ways To Save Wildlife is a great and informative list with ideas that you might have never thought about.
I think it is so important to teach children at a young age to love and respect animals. My sister and I learned at a young age to care for farm animals, nurture them, feed them, and respect their boundaries. I put together an informational post awhile pack on How To Teach Children To Be Kind To Animals which I hope you enjoy reading.
I love hearing from all of you and do my best to respond to each and every one of you. I always enjoy your comments, feedback, and suggestions so keep them coming! If I’ve posted a recipe (for our human and our furry friends) and you try it, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram @twoadorablelabs and use #twoadorablelabs.
You Might Also Like
Happy Monday everyone! I hope you love this version of Red Lobster’s Cheese Biscuits re-created for our fur babies! We are calling it Red Lobster Cheesy Puppy Biscuits and according to Jake and Maggie, they are delicious! Packed full of whole wheat flour, eggs, and...
Happy Friday Treats Friday everyone! With only two simple ingredients, this Doggie Banana Pudding with a touch of cinnamon is incredibly fast, healthy, and easy to make. I always say doggie approved but I cannot lie. Jake loved his banana pudding and Maggie sniffed...
Happy Friday everyone! I hope you are on your way to a wonderful weekend and as promised in Wednesday’s post, here is my Pumpkin Pup Cup for all those fur babies out there! The recipe is super simple, super healthy, and fun for your pup to enjoy! Wondering if your...