Two Little Helpers
Jake And Maggie waiting to help me make these muffins. Always together these two!
Morning Glory Breakfast Muffins
- cupcake pans, cupcake holders
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 cups shredded carrots - or - (3-4 medium carrots, peeled before shredding)
- 1/2 cup Craisins original recipe calls for raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut (sweetened or unsweetened) I used sweetened
- 1/2 cup shredded apple (about 1 medium apple, cored and peeled before shredding)
- 1/4 cup flaxseed (optional) I chose to add it
- 3 eggs I used Vital Farms cage free organic
- 1 1/4 cup vegetable oil original recipe calls for 1 cup
- 3 tsp vanilla original recipe calls for 2 teaspoons
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 12 muffin cups with paper muffin liners (or grease a non-stick muffin pan)
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon and salt
- Stir in the carrots, raisins or craisins, chopped walnuts, coconut, shredded apple and flaxseed. Mix until well blended. I used a large spoon to mix
- In a seperate bowl, whisk together the eggs, oil and vanilla. Pour the egg mixture into the carrot/flour mixture and stir just until moistened
- Scoop batter into prepared muffin cups. (Note: the muffin cups will be very full which is ok as these muffins rise only slightly during the baking process)
- Bake for 20-25 minutes at 350 degrees
- Take out and serve warm (but these are also amazing room temperature as well)
I love hearing from all of you and do my best to respond to each and every one of you. I always enjoy your comments, feedback, and suggestions so keep them coming! If I’ve posted a recipe (for our human and our furry friends) and you try it, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram @twoadorablelabs and use #twoadorablelabs.
You Might Also Like
Happy Wednesday everyone! Baking these Apple Butter Cookies brought all the falls feels! Browned butter, apple butter, nutmeg, cinnamon, all-spice, brown sugar, maple syrup! What better way to enjoy a rainy day than to bake these cookies…gooey with large chunks of...
Happy Wednesday everyone! This Lemon Butter Garlic Sauce packs a punch! It tastes exactly how it sounds with strong lemon, butter, and garlic flavors and smells incredible. Mr. TAL kept asking what I was making and I couldn’t wait to surprise him. I tossed in some...
Happy Wednesday everyone! Are you in the mood for something deliciously sweet? This banana foster is the perfect topping for a French Vanilla ice cream sundae. Bananas coated in a rich, buttery, syrupy sweet mixture is the perfect topping for sundaes and French...