Pet Honored Holidays For March 2020
Yesterday, Sunday, March 8th was International Women’s Day! International Women’s Day (March 8) is a global day celebrating the social, economic, cultural and political achievements of women – while also marking a call to action for accelerating gender equality. The International Women’s Day date was moved to March 8 in 1913. The day aimed to help nations worldwide eliminate discrimination against women. It also focused on helping women gain full and equal participation in global development.
International Women’s Day honors women but it means so much more. This got me thinking about all the other days of the month that are being honored. Of course, I had to look up all pet related honored days for March 2020 and here they are.
I believe in being strong when everything else seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day, and I believe in miracles.” - Audrey Hepburn
• Poison Prevention Awareness Month
• Adopt a Rescued Guinea Pig Month
• March 2-9: Professional Pet Sitters Week
• March 5-8: Crufts. Held in Birmingham, England, this is the world’s largest dog show, featuring nearly 28,000 canines in its four days
• March 15-21: National Poison Prevention Week
• March 3: If Pets Had Thumbs Day
• March 13: K-9 Veterans Day
• March 17: Saint Gertrude of Nivelles Day— patron saint of cats
• March 23: National Puppy Day
• March 23. Cuddly Kitten Day
• March 28: Respect Your Cat Day
• March 30. Take a Walk in the Park Day. Although not exclusively a pet holiday, this day makes a great time to explore a new park with your dog!
You Might Also Like
Happy Wednesday everyone! I hope your week is going well. I've been wanting to put this post out for awhile now so that I could share the good news...Thomas and I are the proud godparents to the most beautiful baby boy we have ever seen. His name is Max and he is a...
Happy Monday everyone! I hope you all had a great weekend. I wrote this post because I have two sweet labs who love to lick me but I call it “giving kisses"! As I type this, Jake is laying next to me giving me kisses on my leg. In the middle of the night, I will...