Pet Safe Paint
Happy Monday everyone! Who is ready for home projects? We are and we are checking items off our “to-do” list!! Pet Safe Paint…Spring is here and we are working on getting our home projects done which means painting and more painting! From the outside to the inside, I’ve got little projects everywhere. I love Sherwin Williams paint and was so happy when I talked to our local Sherwin Williams about using non-toxic paint in our home. They assured me that what I was using was safe for Jake And Maggie and spent time educating me on their products. I did some research and found 9 different paints that are cost effective and pet safe. I’ve provided links to each paint company as well as informative links to research.
Paint contains toxic chemicals called volatile organic compounds (VOCs), which are known carcinogens. They are released into the air as the paint dries. Lead paint is also harmful to animals. These chemicals emit toxic gasses, which can affect pets in adverse ways such as:
- Irritation to skin, eyes, and respiratory system
- Dizziness or loss of coordination
- Upset stomach
- Loss of coordination
- Difficulty breathing
- Hair loss
- Lung inflammation and infection
Signs of exposure to lead paint include:
- Difficulty walking
Instagram Photos of Maggie and Jake!
I’ve added two Instagram Photos of Jake And Maggie to today’s post from Sunday and Monday! My goal is to reach 1000 followers by beginning of summer and I’m at 965 right now! Help me reach our goal by following @twoadorablelabs. I promised the pups a big party when we hit that 1000 mark!
Most paints are not branded as being a pet-safe paint; however, by looking at the ingredients, you can make a better decision on which paint to use. Pet owners should choose paint products labeled “No VOC” or low VOC. Also, look for paints that are non-toxic and free from heavy metals. It is also important to do your research because paints that claim to have a VOC-free base might still use a VOC pigment.
I’ve focused on Sherwin William paints because their customer service is great, I love their color selection, and I find the coverage unbeatable. Plus Sherwin-Williams Harmony paints are good pet-safe products. They do not contain any VOCs. This brand also improves indoor air quality and inhibits the growth of mold and mildew.
- This zero-VOC paint helps improve indoor air quality with Formaldehyde Reducing Technology* and has the power to reduce common indoor odors with Odor Eliminating Technology*
- Features breakthrough innovations that help promote better indoor air quality and reduce common indoor odors.
- Contains Formaldehyde Reducing Technology* helps reduce the levels of certain volatile organic compounds (VOCs) from potential sources such as insulation, carpet, cabinets and fabrics.
- Offers Odor Eliminating Technology* helps reduce common indoor odors, such as those from cooking, smoke and pets. Rooms stay fresher longer.
- Features anti-microbial agents that inhibit the growth of mold and mildew on the paint surface.
- Zero VOC formula and meets the most stringent VOC regulations, all while providing great hide and a durable finish.
- Available in a wide variety of colors and sheens, including; flat, eg-shel and semi-gloss. *The length of time Harmony actively reduces odors and formaldehyde depends on the concentration, the frequency of exposure and the amount of painted surface area.
- Non-Toxic – Conforms to ASTMD-4236, specifically concerning oral toxicity, skin irritation and respiratory effects
- Pet-friendly products for your furry, feathered, and scaly family members
- Our pet products are ideal for sprucing up your pet’s space with unlimited color choices – through our free color matching service, these pet-friendly products can be used indoors or outdoors on all types of pet dwellings, including bird cages, reptile enclosures, kennels, and more.
- Our pet-friendly, water-based paints were specifically formulated with your pets’ wellbeing in mind. Using sustainable ingredients and a proprietary mixing process, our pet-friendly paints deliver best-in-class appearance and durability while keeping our pets safe from the harsh chemicals found in traditional paints.
Shop the Post
You Might Also Like
Happy Wednesday everyone!!! Happy Cinco de Mayo! So I totally missed preparing a Cinco de Mayo meal to post today but will do that on Friday. Instead we are talking about Silidog Pet Tags and how awesome they are! Made from 100% silicone, are customizable, and...
Happy Monday everyone! Do dogs and cats have a natural ability to respond to crystals? A trend that’s becoming increasingly popular among pet parents who want to go the alternative route is the use of healing crystals. I have never tried using crystals on myself or...
Happy Friday everyone! Navigating My Website and 2021 Bucket List. We are kicking off the weekend with an update to my previous post “Kicking Off 2021 With A Pudding Dessert And TAL’s Bucket List”. Hind sight being 2020, I should have separated the two blog posts...
Gourmet Doggie Ice Cream Happy “Friday Treats Friday” everyone! This Gourmet Doggie Ice Cream found on ModernDog Magazine is decadent, healthy, and so yummy that you will want to try it. Full of antioxidants, your pet will love the banana, honey, peanut butter and...