Can your pup have whole wheat flour?
Yes, they can! The “whole” in whole wheat flour is key – whole grains are the good stuff that you want to give to your dog, so make sure that’s what you’re getting. Other flours, like all purpose flour, are also wheat flours, but they don’t use the whole wheat kernel (the endosperm, bran and germ), which means they lack the benefits of true whole wheat flour. A great resource on the different kinds of flours that dogs can and cannot eat is https://coopersdogtreats.com/blogs/news/can-dogs-eat-flour-and-what-kinds-are-best. Before I make and post a recipe, I always do my research as to what the dogs are allowed and not allowed. Be aware that if your dog suffers from skin allergies, ear infections, chronic inflammation that you need to be very careful in trying new treats as they may have a reaction.
September Pet Holidays
• Happy Cat Month
• National Service Dog Month
• National Pet Insurance Month
• Responsible Dog Ownership Month
• Pet Sitter Education Month
• Animal Pain Awareness Month
• National Disaster Preparedness Month
• September 12–18: Adopt-a-Less-Adoptable-Pet Week (third week in September)
• September 19–25: National Deaf Dog Awareness Week (last full week in September)
• September 19–25: National Dog Week (last full week in September)
• September 1: Ginger Cat Appreciation Day
• September 8: National Dog Walker Appreciation Day
• September 11: National Hug Your Hound Day (second Sunday in September)
• September 11: National Pet Memorial Day (second Sunday in September)
• September 13: Pet Birth Defect Awareness Day
• September 17: National Pet Bird Day
• September 18: Puppy Mill Awareness Day (third Saturday in September)
• September 18: Responsible Dog Ownership Day (third Saturday in September)
• September 19: National Meow Like a Pirate Day
• September 22: Elephant Appreciation Day
• September 23: Dogs in Politics Day
• September 23: Remember Me Thursday® (an international social media awareness day that brings attention to the millions of adoptable pets waiting in shelters and remembers those pets who never got a second chance. Share your rescue pet using #RememberMeThursday)
• September 25: International Rabbit Day
• September 28: World Rabies Day
October Pet Holidays
• Adopt-A-Dog Month®
• Adopt-a-Shelter Dog Month
• National Animal Safety and Protection Month
• National Pet Wellness Month
• National Pitbull Awareness Month
• October 1–7: National Walk Your Dog Week (first week of October)
• October 3–9: Animal Welfare Week (first week of October)
• October 17–23: National Veterinary Technician Week
• October 1: National Fire Pup Day
• October 1: National Black Dog Day
• October 4: World Animal Day
• October 13: National Pet Obesity Awareness Day
• October 16: National Feral Cat Day
• October 17: National Fetch Day
• October 21: National Pets for Veterans Day
• October 27: National Black Cat Day
• October 28: Plush Animal Lovers Day
• October 29: National Cat Day
• October 30: National Pitbull Awareness Day (last Saturday in October—unless Halloween falls on the last Saturday, then another date is chosen)
• October 31: Halloween
Red Lobster Cheesy Puppy Biscuit
- 2 cups whole wheat flour I used a Kroger brand
- 2 eggs I used Vital Farms Organic eggs
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese I used a Kroger brand
- 4 tbsp water
- Mix flour, eggs, cheese, and water together with a fork
- Add 2 tablespoons of water for a dryer biscuit. Add up to 4 for a moist biscuit.
- Form into small medallions and lay on baking sheet. Top with more cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes
I love hearing from all of you and do my best to respond to each and every one of you. I always enjoy your comments, feedback, and suggestions so keep them coming! If I’ve posted a recipe (for our human and our furry friends) and you try it, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram @twoadorablelabs and use #twoadorablelabs.
You Might Also Like
Soooo.....I took Jake and Maggie to the vet last night to get their preventative shots for Lyme disease and they acted as if they had never had a day of training in their lives!! I could see the vet tech looking at me and I knew what she was thinking...get your dogs...
Happy Monday everyone! How to Recognize and Treat Cat Dandruff. Years ago, my parents started feeding a stray cat that made her home under their shrubs where she had her kittens. We named her Boo Boo Kitty and she is one of the most amazing cats. She is still...
Happy “Friday Treats Friday” everyone! I’ve posted before about Charcuterie Boards but have you ever heard of Barkuterie Boards? Yes, there is such a thing. I thought up this idea a few weeks back and thought I was so clever but after researching, I’ve found that...
Happy Monday everyone! We kicked off October with a trip to Cook Forest on Saturday and the pups loved it. The weather was absolutely beautiful with blue skies, a light breeze, and crisp fall weather in the morning warming up to the 70s by mid afternoon. We dressed...
Happy Friday everyone! Do you have a power chewer in your house? I have two of them called Jake and Maggie! I haven't done a product review in a while so my Mammoth TireBiter Dog Toy Product Review is a perfect time. Every time I see a toy advertised “For The...
Happy Wednesday everyone! Have you ever heard of Bobcat Fever In Cats? I was reading through a magazine and came upon an article about Bobcat Fever that I found very interesting. I have never heard of this before and wondered if any of you have? I thought I’d do...