Can your pup have whole wheat flour?
Yes, they can! The “whole” in whole wheat flour is key – whole grains are the good stuff that you want to give to your dog, so make sure that’s what you’re getting. Other flours, like all purpose flour, are also wheat flours, but they don’t use the whole wheat kernel (the endosperm, bran and germ), which means they lack the benefits of true whole wheat flour. A great resource on the different kinds of flours that dogs can and cannot eat is https://coopersdogtreats.com/blogs/news/can-dogs-eat-flour-and-what-kinds-are-best. Before I make and post a recipe, I always do my research as to what the dogs are allowed and not allowed. Be aware that if your dog suffers from skin allergies, ear infections, chronic inflammation that you need to be very careful in trying new treats as they may have a reaction.
September Pet Holidays
• Happy Cat Month
• National Service Dog Month
• National Pet Insurance Month
• Responsible Dog Ownership Month
• Pet Sitter Education Month
• Animal Pain Awareness Month
• National Disaster Preparedness Month
• September 12–18: Adopt-a-Less-Adoptable-Pet Week (third week in September)
• September 19–25: National Deaf Dog Awareness Week (last full week in September)
• September 19–25: National Dog Week (last full week in September)
• September 1: Ginger Cat Appreciation Day
• September 8: National Dog Walker Appreciation Day
• September 11: National Hug Your Hound Day (second Sunday in September)
• September 11: National Pet Memorial Day (second Sunday in September)
• September 13: Pet Birth Defect Awareness Day
• September 17: National Pet Bird Day
• September 18: Puppy Mill Awareness Day (third Saturday in September)
• September 18: Responsible Dog Ownership Day (third Saturday in September)
• September 19: National Meow Like a Pirate Day
• September 22: Elephant Appreciation Day
• September 23: Dogs in Politics Day
• September 23: Remember Me Thursday® (an international social media awareness day that brings attention to the millions of adoptable pets waiting in shelters and remembers those pets who never got a second chance. Share your rescue pet using #RememberMeThursday)
• September 25: International Rabbit Day
• September 28: World Rabies Day
October Pet Holidays
• Adopt-A-Dog Month®
• Adopt-a-Shelter Dog Month
• National Animal Safety and Protection Month
• National Pet Wellness Month
• National Pitbull Awareness Month
• October 1–7: National Walk Your Dog Week (first week of October)
• October 3–9: Animal Welfare Week (first week of October)
• October 17–23: National Veterinary Technician Week
• October 1: National Fire Pup Day
• October 1: National Black Dog Day
• October 4: World Animal Day
• October 13: National Pet Obesity Awareness Day
• October 16: National Feral Cat Day
• October 17: National Fetch Day
• October 21: National Pets for Veterans Day
• October 27: National Black Cat Day
• October 28: Plush Animal Lovers Day
• October 29: National Cat Day
• October 30: National Pitbull Awareness Day (last Saturday in October—unless Halloween falls on the last Saturday, then another date is chosen)
• October 31: Halloween
Red Lobster Cheesy Puppy Biscuit
- 2 cups whole wheat flour I used a Kroger brand
- 2 eggs I used Vital Farms Organic eggs
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese I used a Kroger brand
- 4 tbsp water
- Mix flour, eggs, cheese, and water together with a fork
- Add 2 tablespoons of water for a dryer biscuit. Add up to 4 for a moist biscuit.
- Form into small medallions and lay on baking sheet. Top with more cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes
I love hearing from all of you and do my best to respond to each and every one of you. I always enjoy your comments, feedback, and suggestions so keep them coming! If I’ve posted a recipe (for our human and our furry friends) and you try it, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram @twoadorablelabs and use #twoadorablelabs.
You Might Also Like
A Chemical Free Yard For Your Pet
Happy Wednesday everyone! Today was so beautiful with sunny skies that it made me want to go out and start my yard work (boy do I have a lot to do). I always consider the dogs when fertilizing and planting. We have a grub problem this year and I’m on the search for...
Do Dogs Know When They Are Going To Die?
Happy Wednesday everyone! Do Dogs Know When They Are Going To Die? This is not a happy topic but one that I wanted to write about. I was looking at the calendar today and on April 6th almost 7 years ago, our sweet Bella passed away. We had already lost our Bear to...
Jake’s Surgery At Ohio State University Veterinary Medical Center And Dog Friendly Columbus, OH
Happy Wednesday everyone! I previously wrote a post about Jake’s Luxating Patella/Cranial Cruciate surgery last year and we thought we were out of the water. But our hopes for a successful recovery went wrong. During that surgery, two screws were placed in the knee...
How Does A Dog’s Immune System Work?
Happy Wednesday everyone! Today on the blog we are answering questions on How Does A Dog’s Immune System Work? I found this topic particularly interesting because every time I would take Jake And Maggie to their yearly exams, my vet would ask me if I give them...
Why Does My Dog Smell Like Fish?
Happy Wednesday everyone! Today on the blog we are talking about Why Does My Dog Smell Like Fish? I will admit that Jake And Maggie have had problems off and on since they were pups with their paws smelling like Fritos (see my post on Why Do My Dogs Paws Smell Like...
Do Dogs And Cats Suffer From Seasonal Affective Disorder?
Happy Wednesday everyone! And Happy New Year! After a much needed break, I’m back to blogging and will be doing so every Wednesday. I took time to work on a fun new project which I’ll be talking about here shortly. But for now, it’s all about our sweet pets! The...
Love Red Lobster biscuits and I Love the idea of making them so the pups can enjoy!! Thanks for listing all the pet appreciation days, I did not know they had all those! 😊
Thanks! You are welcome! I know. I thought I was pretty clever coming up with this idea. LOL. Honestly, all that I make for the dogs a human can eat so why not try and mimic human food but for our pets! These taste nothing like the real deal though :-). Red Lobster biscuits are the best!