Super Easy Apple Dumplings
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup Crisco
- 9 tbsp water, cold
- 6 Granny Smith apples, sliced, seeded, peeled
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- lemon juice
- 1 stick salted butter, Land O Lakes Extra Creamy
- 1/2 stick unsalted butter, Land O Lakes Extra Creamy
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Peel, slice in half, and core the Granny Smith apples
- Place in a bowl and add lemon juice to each apple
- Coat with 1 tablespoon of cinnamon. Set aside while you make crust
- Using a pie crust mixer or a fork, mix flour, Crisco, salt, and water together. Roll out to about 1/4 inch thick. Slice into enough strips to wrap apples. Place apple at the begging of strip and roll apple to the end of strip. Lay wrapped apples in dish with seam down
- In a sauce pan on medium heat, melt butter
- Add sugar, cinnamon, brown sugar, lemon, and water to the butter and stir until combined and sugar is not in granualor form. Do not boil
- Cover apples with sauce leaving 1/2 to 1 cup for later depening on how much you want to save
- Bake at 475 for 1 hour or until apples are soft. Stick a knife into an apple to test.
- Add some water if the syrup thickens to much during baking process
- Serve warm with ice cream
I love hearing from all of you and do my best to respond to each and every one of you. I always enjoy your comments, feedback, and suggestions so keep them coming! If I’ve posted a recipe (for our human and our furry friends) and you try it, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram @twoadorablelabs and use #twoadorablelabs.
You Might Also Like
Happy Wednesday everyone! Valentine’s Day is next week and I thought this Bourbon Cream Chocolate Coffee would be the perfect after dinner drink for your Valentine’s Day dinner at home! This is a combo of sweet cream with hints of bourbon and chocolate together....
Happy Wednesday everyone! My new Santas, Poinsettias, Cranberry Bourbon Sours Table gives big Christmas vibes! I added a festive addition with this Cranberry Bourbon Sours drink with a sweet and sour combo of homemade cranberry-orange syrup, warming bourbon, fresh...
Happy Wednesday everyone! These Potato Stacks are crispy, salty, cheesy, and delicious. I found this recipe on Half Baked Harvest but tweaked it just a bit for some extra flavor. Made with Idaho potatoes, salted butter, oregano, grated parmesan cheese, fresh...