If you are not a spinach or mushroom lover, try replacing spinach with Bok Choy and mushrooms with ToFu. Want some color, throw in slivers of carrots! Looking for more tried and true recipes, check out my previous posts here:
A tray of steamed dumplings can look a little bland. Try making a few different dipping sauces. It provides different colors and flavors to your table. These dumplings look like little pillows with flowers on top. Try making different shapes like triangles, Chinese cookies, these pillows, or half moons! Use different ceramic dishes in different colors to make your table come alive! Create a fun centerpiece using cherry blossoms and votive candles.
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 1 shallot sliced into slivers
- 4 cups shitake mushrooms
- 1 tbsp ginger paste
- 1 tbsp garlic paste
- 2 cups spinach chopped
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 10 wonton wrappers
- 2 green onions
Hot Garlic Sauce
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp hot pepper flakes, broken up
- 1/2 tsp garlic paste
- 1/2 tsp soy sauce
- Cut up shallots, mushrooms, and spinach into slivers.
- Heat sesame oil in large cast iron skillet over medium to high heat. When oil shimmers, add shallots. When they start to caramelize, add mushrooms, ginger, and garlic and cook.
- Add soy sauce and a pinch of pepper (if needed) and let cook down. Remove from heat.
- Assemble by adding 1 tablespoon of filling onto each wrapper. Brush water around the edges of wrapper. Fold edges of wrapper up around the filling and pinch in the center to seal.
- Heat a few tablescpoons of vegetable oil in a pan over medium heat, drop dumplings in oil and cook for 2-3 minutes, carefully pour 1/4 cup of water into pan, immediately cover with lid and let dumplings steam.
- Be careful because water will splater when it hits the pan. Cover pan with lid fast. Serve warm with dipping sauces.
You Might Also Like
Happy Wednesday everyone! It’s the middle of the week and I figured you needed a little pick me up like this extra sweet Red Valentine's Day Milkshake with white chocolate dipped candy covered pink and white marshmallows! Yes, I know…it is blistery cold outside with...
Happy Friday everyone!!! It’s a Chocolate Glazed Pumpkin Donut kinda Friday! I normally say “Happy Friday Treats Friday” but today I’m switching it up just a bit! Why you ask? Because yesterday my 6 burner Viking stove top FINALLY arrived after waiting three...