If you are not a spinach or mushroom lover, try replacing spinach with Bok Choy and mushrooms with ToFu. Want some color, throw in slivers of carrots! Looking for more tried and true recipes, check out my previous posts here:
A tray of steamed dumplings can look a little bland. Try making a few different dipping sauces. It provides different colors and flavors to your table. These dumplings look like little pillows with flowers on top. Try making different shapes like triangles, Chinese cookies, these pillows, or half moons! Use different ceramic dishes in different colors to make your table come alive! Create a fun centerpiece using cherry blossoms and votive candles.
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 1 shallot sliced into slivers
- 4 cups shitake mushrooms
- 1 tbsp ginger paste
- 1 tbsp garlic paste
- 2 cups spinach chopped
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 10 wonton wrappers
- 2 green onions
Hot Garlic Sauce
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp hot pepper flakes, broken up
- 1/2 tsp garlic paste
- 1/2 tsp soy sauce
- Cut up shallots, mushrooms, and spinach into slivers.
- Heat sesame oil in large cast iron skillet over medium to high heat. When oil shimmers, add shallots. When they start to caramelize, add mushrooms, ginger, and garlic and cook.
- Add soy sauce and a pinch of pepper (if needed) and let cook down. Remove from heat.
- Assemble by adding 1 tablespoon of filling onto each wrapper. Brush water around the edges of wrapper. Fold edges of wrapper up around the filling and pinch in the center to seal.
- Heat a few tablescpoons of vegetable oil in a pan over medium heat, drop dumplings in oil and cook for 2-3 minutes, carefully pour 1/4 cup of water into pan, immediately cover with lid and let dumplings steam.
- Be careful because water will splater when it hits the pan. Cover pan with lid fast. Serve warm with dipping sauces.
I love hearing from all of you and do my best to respond to each and every one of you. I always enjoy your comments, feedback, and suggestions so keep them coming! If I’ve posted a recipe (for our human and our furry friends) and you try it, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram @twoadorablelabs and use #twoadorablelabs
You Might Also Like
Happy Wednesday everyone! Baking these Apple Butter Cookies brought all the falls feels! Browned butter, apple butter, nutmeg, cinnamon, all-spice, brown sugar, maple syrup! What better way to enjoy a rainy day than to bake these cookies…gooey with large chunks of...
Happy Wednesday everyone! Needing an emergency vet is a stressful and scary thing! Needing to visit one of these facilities is different than going to a regular vet appointment. Today on the blog we talking about What You Need To Know About Emergency Vets. With...