If you are not a spinach or mushroom lover, try replacing spinach with Bok Choy and mushrooms with ToFu. Want some color, throw in slivers of carrots! Looking for more tried and true recipes, check out my previous posts here:
A tray of steamed dumplings can look a little bland. Try making a few different dipping sauces. It provides different colors and flavors to your table. These dumplings look like little pillows with flowers on top. Try making different shapes like triangles, Chinese cookies, these pillows, or half moons! Use different ceramic dishes in different colors to make your table come alive! Create a fun centerpiece using cherry blossoms and votive candles.
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 1 shallot sliced into slivers
- 4 cups shitake mushrooms
- 1 tbsp ginger paste
- 1 tbsp garlic paste
- 2 cups spinach chopped
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 10 wonton wrappers
- 2 green onions
Hot Garlic Sauce
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp hot pepper flakes, broken up
- 1/2 tsp garlic paste
- 1/2 tsp soy sauce
- Cut up shallots, mushrooms, and spinach into slivers.
- Heat sesame oil in large cast iron skillet over medium to high heat. When oil shimmers, add shallots. When they start to caramelize, add mushrooms, ginger, and garlic and cook.
- Add soy sauce and a pinch of pepper (if needed) and let cook down. Remove from heat.
- Assemble by adding 1 tablespoon of filling onto each wrapper. Brush water around the edges of wrapper. Fold edges of wrapper up around the filling and pinch in the center to seal.
- Heat a few tablescpoons of vegetable oil in a pan over medium heat, drop dumplings in oil and cook for 2-3 minutes, carefully pour 1/4 cup of water into pan, immediately cover with lid and let dumplings steam.
- Be careful because water will splater when it hits the pan. Cover pan with lid fast. Serve warm with dipping sauces.
I love hearing from all of you and do my best to respond to each and every one of you. I always enjoy your comments, feedback, and suggestions so keep them coming! If I’ve posted a recipe (for our human and our furry friends) and you try it, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram @twoadorablelabs and use #twoadorablelabs
You Might Also Like
Happy Friday everyone! Navigating My Website and 2021 Bucket List. We are kicking off the weekend with an update to my previous post “Kicking Off 2021 With A Pudding Dessert And TAL’s Bucket List”. Hind sight being 2020, I should have separated the two blog posts...
Happy Wednesday everyone! This Maple Glazed Apple Pull-apart Bread is gooey, mapley, applely, and salty all in one loaf of bread. I found this recipe on Half Baked Harvest and had to try it because it is something I wouldn’t normally make and having an optional...