Chocolate Glazed Pumpkin Donuts
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil extra virgin, unrefined
- 1/2 cup real maple syrup (or honey)
- 1/2 cup canned coconut milk (or milk of your choice)
- 1/3 cup pumpkin pie filling (or plain greek yogurt or applesauce also work great)
- 2 large eggs at room temperature
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp almond extract
- 1 cup Pamela's all purpose flour
- 2 tbsp Pamela's all purpose flour
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup coconut milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp cocao powder
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 12 cup donut pan or a 12 cup muffin pan with butter or melted coconut oil. I used coconut oil spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the coconu oil, maple syrup, milk, pumpkin, eggs, vanilla, and almond extract until combined.
- Add the flour, baking powder, salt, and mix well until combined.
- Spoon the batter into a zip top bag and snip the corner off. Pipe the batter into each donut cup fittin 1/2 - 2/3 the way full.
- Bake 12 - 15 minutes until tops are set.
- Remove, place on cooling rack, and let cool for 5 minutes.
- Melt chocolate, coconut milk, vanilla, in microwave, add cocoa powder, and let cool for 5 minutes.
- Let cool for 5 minutes and dip donutes in chocolate mixture.
You Might Also Like
Happy Friday everyone! Navigating My Website and 2021 Bucket List. We are kicking off the weekend with an update to my previous post “Kicking Off 2021 With A Pudding Dessert And TAL’s Bucket List”. Hind sight being 2020, I should have separated the two blog posts...
Happy Wednesday everyone! This Maple Glazed Apple Pull-apart Bread is gooey, mapley, applely, and salty all in one loaf of bread. I found this recipe on Half Baked Harvest and had to try it because it is something I wouldn’t normally make and having an optional...