Happy Friday everyone!!! It’s a Chocolate Glazed Pumpkin Donut kinda Friday! I normally say “Happy Friday Treats Friday” but today I’m switching it up just a bit! Why you ask? Because yesterday my 6 burner Viking stove top FINALLY arrived after waiting three months for it!! I’ve been cooking on two hot plates and that was getting old fast!!! I couldn’t wait to use my new stove and I LOVE it. I now have ALL NEW APPLIANCES you guys and I was thoroughly enjoying playing in my kitchen all afternoon!! I made buffalo chicken quesadillas for lunch (I’ll share my recipe next week) and these Chocolate Glazed Pumpkin Donuts for dessert! Made with coconut milk, syrup, pumpkin pie filling, and chocolate morsels, these donuts turned out moist and flavorful.
I first found this recipe on Half Baked Harvest and then made changes to the recipe to create something new that Thomas and I would like. Give it a try and let me know what you think! Half Baked Harvest used 1 cup + 2 tablespoons whole wheat pastry flour and 3/4 cup all purpose flour. I used Pamela’s wheat-free, non-dairy, corn-free, egg-free, gluten-free all purpose flour. She used 1/3 cup pumpkin puree and I used pumpkin pie filling. I also added more vanilla extract and almond extract than she did.
As for the chocolate glaze, Half Baked Harvest added 1 teaspoon of espresso powder. I sprinkled in 1 tablespoon of cocoa powder into my glaze mixture of melted semi-sweet chocolate morsels, coconut milk, and vanilla extract.
To make this recipe more fun, add chocolate shavings to the top of your donuts or white sprinkles as I did here. Change it up a bit and double dip into white chocolate. Add food coloring to your white chocolate for a festive holiday look. Valentine’s Day is coming up!!!!!
Looking for more recipes to try, check out my previous posts here:
Chocolate Glazed Pumpkin Donuts
This easy bake donut with hints of pumpkin, vanilla, almond on a cold winter day goes well with a warm cup of hot chocolate!Print Pin Rate
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil extra virgin, unrefined
- 1/2 cup real maple syrup (or honey)
- 1/2 cup canned coconut milk (or milk of your choice)
- 1/3 cup pumpkin pie filling (or plain greek yogurt or applesauce also work great)
- 2 large eggs at room temperature
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp almond extract
- 1 cup Pamela's all purpose flour
- 2 tbsp Pamela's all purpose flour
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup coconut milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp cocao powder
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 12 cup donut pan or a 12 cup muffin pan with butter or melted coconut oil. I used coconut oil spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the coconu oil, maple syrup, milk, pumpkin, eggs, vanilla, and almond extract until combined.
- Add the flour, baking powder, salt, and mix well until combined.
- Spoon the batter into a zip top bag and snip the corner off. Pipe the batter into each donut cup fittin 1/2 - 2/3 the way full.
- Bake 12 - 15 minutes until tops are set.
- Remove, place on cooling rack, and let cool for 5 minutes.
- Melt chocolate, coconut milk, vanilla, in microwave, add cocoa powder, and let cool for 5 minutes.
- Let cool for 5 minutes and dip donutes in chocolate mixture.
I have doubled up on vanilla extract and almond extract. I melted double the chocolate and dipped the donuts twice. I dipped the donuts once, let the chocolate harden and then drizzled the chocolate and covered with white sprinkles. Have chocolate left over...dip some strawberries!!!
You Might Also Like
Baked Gnocchi With Pomodoro Sauce
Happy Wednesday everyone! This Baked Gnocchi With Pomodoro Sauce is incredibly easy to make with loads of flavor! This simple tomato sauce gets tons of flavor from herbs sautéed in olive oil with pillows of potato gnocchi and topped with mozzarella cheese! Mix in a...
Bacon Wrapped Puff Pastry Twists
Happy Wednesday everyone! These Bacon Wrapped Puff Pastry Twists are incredible! Puff Pastry intertwined with thick salty bacon strips, smothered in egg, cheese, cayenne pepper, nutmeg, garlic powder, then coated with more egg, cheese, and brown sugar. These twists...