Bacon Wrapped Puff Pastry Twists
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- pinch of nutmeg
- pinch of garlic powder
- pinch salt
- pinch pepper
- 1 box puff pastry, thawed
- 1 egg whipped
- 2 tbsp milk
- 2 cups extra sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 pack thick cut bacon
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Thaw out phyllo dough
- Take out 12 slices of bacon
- Mix nutmeg, cayenne pepper, cheese (1 cup), garlic powder, salt, pepper, and brown sugar together
- Whip egg
- Lay out phyllo dough and baste with egg
- Top with brown sugar, cheese, and seasoning mixture
- Cut into strips, lay bacon on top of each strip and twist
- Top each strip with the rest of the egg and add milk, add brown sugar, and remaining cheese (I did not measure these ingredients and used my own judgement)
- Lay twists over aluminum foil (spray foil with PAM cooking spray to avoid sticking)
- Bake for approximately 50 minutes or until crispy. I kept rotating my pan to help with getting the bacon crispy
- Serve hot
I’m Bobbi Jo, a lab-lover who took my passion for animals and dogs and turned it into something bigger. When I adopted Jake and Maggie, my love for them became the driving force behind Two Adorable Labs, and my blog was born. My hope is to not only share them with the world, but to help educate others on the importance of animal health and well-being.
I love hearing from all of you and do my best to respond to each and every one of you. I always enjoy your comments, feedback, and suggestions so keep them coming! If I’ve posted a recipe (for our human and our furry friends) and you try it, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram @twoadorablelabs and use #twoadorablelabs.
If you do try and love my recipes, I would greatly appreciate a comment and rating. I read every single one and respond to them. It also lets Google know that the website contains quality content. The more comments and 5-star ratings, the more Google will show my blog in search results! Thank you so much!
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
You Might Also Like
Happy Wednesday everyone! Today on the blog we are talking about Why Does My Dog Smell Like Fish? I will admit that Jake And Maggie have had problems off and on since they were pups with their paws smelling like Fritos (see my post on Why Do My Dogs Paws Smell Like...
Happy Wednesday everyone! And Happy New Year! After a much needed break, I’m back to blogging and will be doing so every Wednesday. I took time to work on a fun new project which I’ll be talking about here shortly. But for now, it’s all about our sweet pets! The...
Happy Friday everyone! We are day 16 into The 24 Days Before Christmas and I’m talking about How To Decorate Your Christmas Tree. Do you search Pinterest looking for inspiration, find something you love, and then think…how did they do that? After all the searching...
Happy Thursday everyone! We are day 15 into The 24 Days Before Christmas and we are talking about Welcoming A New Kitten Into Your Home! I think this post is so appropriate for this time of year plus I have first hand knowledge. No, we didn’t adopt a kitten but my...
Happy Tuesday everyone! We are day 6 into The 24 Days Before Christmas and we are talking about What Is Dog Trancing? I have never heard of this before and was curious as to what it meant. I don’t think Jake And Maggie have ever done it but I have had dogs who have...
Happy Monday everyone!! These How To Make Marshmallow Snowflakes are a pretty addition to a delicious cup of hot chocolate! They are inexpensive to make, easy to create, and can be completed within a few minutes! Picture this…the snow is falling, the fireplace is...