2 little noses trying to steal my Irish Soda Bread! Wonder who???
Irish Soda Bread
- 1 1/4 cup all purpose flour 1 1/4 cups for recipe
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup flour to roll and knead the dough before going in oven
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large bowl by hand with a spoon, stir together the flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Stir in the buttermilk and cranberries (or raisins) until a dough forms.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead for 1 - 2 minutes. It should be soft and malleable but not overworked.
- Pat into a 4-inch dough ball and place on the pan. Cut an X into the top with a serrated knife.
- Bake 35-40 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely before slicing.
I love hearing from all of you and do my best to respond to each and every one of you. I always enjoy your comments, feedback, and suggestions so keep them coming! If I’ve posted a recipe (for our human and our furry friends) and you try it, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram @twoadorablelabs and use #twoadorablelabs
You Might Also Like
Happy Wednesday everyone! Sometimes we follow the Keto Diet in our house and these Pepper Salami Cheese Bites are perfect for those on this diet. I scrambled through the refrigerator and cabinets after Mr. TAL declared last week Keto week and came up with this...
Happy Wednesday everyone!!! With fall weather comes the pumpkin, spice, and anything nice desserts and I’ve been loving all the recipes I’ve been finding on Southern Homes magazine, Martha Stewart Living magazine, and Pinterest. I love baking a cake from scratch but...