2 little noses trying to steal my Irish Soda Bread! Wonder who???
Irish Soda Bread
- 1 1/4 cup all purpose flour 1 1/4 cups for recipe
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup flour to roll and knead the dough before going in oven
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large bowl by hand with a spoon, stir together the flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Stir in the buttermilk and cranberries (or raisins) until a dough forms.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead for 1 - 2 minutes. It should be soft and malleable but not overworked.
- Pat into a 4-inch dough ball and place on the pan. Cut an X into the top with a serrated knife.
- Bake 35-40 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely before slicing.
I love hearing from all of you and do my best to respond to each and every one of you. I always enjoy your comments, feedback, and suggestions so keep them coming! If I’ve posted a recipe (for our human and our furry friends) and you try it, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram @twoadorablelabs and use #twoadorablelabs
You Might Also Like
Happy Friday everyone! For all the Bratwurst lovers out there, I made this Beer Braised Bratwurst Sandwich for you! I first found this recipe on Better Homes and Gardens but veered off of it pretty quickly as soon as the onions hit the pan! There are so many ways...
Happy Wednesday everyone! I made this Strawberry Pretzel Pie for our July 4th party and it was a sweet addition to the salty hand cut fries, wings, and burgers I made on the grill. If you have been reading this blog for a while, you know I love my salty and sweet...