Irish Soda Bread
2 little noses trying to steal my Irish Soda Bread! Wonder who???
Irish Soda Bread
- 1 1/4 cup all purpose flour 1 1/4 cups for recipe
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup flour to roll and knead the dough before going in oven
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large bowl by hand with a spoon, stir together the flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Stir in the buttermilk and cranberries (or raisins) until a dough forms.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead for 1 - 2 minutes. It should be soft and malleable but not overworked.
- Pat into a 4-inch dough ball and place on the pan. Cut an X into the top with a serrated knife.
- Bake 35-40 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely before slicing.
I love hearing from all of you and do my best to respond to each and every one of you. I always enjoy your comments, feedback, and suggestions so keep them coming! If I’ve posted a recipe (for our human and our furry friends) and you try it, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram @twoadorablelabs and use #twoadorablelabs
You Might Also Like
Happy Monday everyone! We are kicking off this week with a delicious and savory glazed spare rib recipe with hints of spice and sweet. If you are new to the blog, if I’m not talking about animal health, I’m cooking up something fun for you all to try. I like to...
Happy Wednesday everyone!! Spring has sprung and I’m so excited. It’s got me thinking of new spring and summer recipes and all that thinking made me wonder what to do with the leftover angel hair pasta in my refrigerator when these spaghetti cups popped into my...