Jake And Maggie helping cook and celebrate Memorial Day with us!
By the look on Maggie’s face, she doesn’t look like she is having fun but this is the look I get when I tell her no when she wants something. She wanted raw chicken and I said no! :-). You don’t want to give your pup onions nor do you want to give them raw chicken especially with a marinade on it!
Jake just likes laying on the side porch and watching everyone. Their bows and ties are from www.pamperedpooches.co. Use code “2labs” at checkout for 10% off your order. v
Pineapple Veggie Chicken Kabobs
For the kabobs
- 4 large chicken breasts, cut into strips and then chunks
- 1 fresh pineapple, cut into chunks
- 3 large red bell peppers, cut into chunks
- 2 yellow squash, cut into chunks
- 1 large red onion, cut into chunks
For the marindade
- 1/3 cup soy sauce (reduce sodium if you are worried about salt)
- 1 can pineapple (for juice)
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1/3 cup brown sugar, packed down (I used light brown sugar)
- 2 tbsps olive oil
- 2 tbsps sesame oil
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- pinch of salt and pepper
- 3 tbsps minced garlic (fresh)
- Cut chicken into strips and then into chunks
- Mince garlic
- Add garlic, soy sauce, pineapple juice, ketchup, brown sugar, olive oil, sesame oil, water, cornstarch, salt and pepper to chicken and let marinate. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Using metal skewers, layer your chicken, pineapple cubes, and veggies
- Cook on grill at medium heat until chicken is tender and veggies are crispy
- Keep basting while cooking
I love hearing from all of you and do my best to respond to each and every one of you. I always enjoy your comments, feedback, and suggestions so keep them coming! If I’ve posted a recipe (for our human and our furry friends) and you try it, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram @twoadorablelabs and use #twoadorablelabs.
If you do try and love my recipes, I would greatly appreciate a comment and rating. I read every single one and respond to them. It also lets Google know that the website contains quality content. The more comments and 5-star ratings, the more Google will show my blog in search results! Thank you so much!
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
You Might Also Like
Happy Memorial Day everyone! We hope you all have an amazing day planned. I’m sending out a quick recipe just incase you are wondering what to make for dessert. These Monster Bars are absolutely decadent with a crunchy top and a gooey inside packed full of peanut...
Happy Monday everyone!! We had a very busy weekend with getting all of our outside working done. From mowing grass, weeding, edging, trimming to filling bird baths and planting flowers, Jake And Maggie were there by our sides helping us out (more pictures of them...
Happy Wednesday everyone! These Gluten Free White Chocolate Raspberry Glazed Streusel Muffins With Cinnamon Filing are so delicious. With loads of cinnamon and pecans you can’t go wrong. The recipe is gluten free but you would never know it. They are so good that...
Happy Monday everyone! Today I’m so excited to share Sweet Home Vanilla’s Traditional Italian Biscotti con Vaniglia with you. If you followed my Soy Wax Vs. Beeswax post last week, I talked about my collaboration with Amanda Vos, owner of Sweet Home Vanilla talking...
Happy St. Patrick’s Day everyone!!! I wanted to send this surprise Irish coffee recipe your way as a Thank you for your amazing support over the years. We absolutely love all of you and we appreciate our readers so much. We love getting your comments, ideas, and...
Happy Monday everyone! I promised a new Galentine’s Tablescape but decided to incorporate these very chocolate cupcakes with fresh, homemade Strawberry Icing with pieces of strawberries in every bite into my table design! This icing is rich with strawberry flavor, a...