Jake And Maggie helping cook and celebrate Memorial Day with us!
By the look on Maggie’s face, she doesn’t look like she is having fun but this is the look I get when I tell her no when she wants something. She wanted raw chicken and I said no! :-). You don’t want to give your pup onions nor do you want to give them raw chicken especially with a marinade on it!
Jake just likes laying on the side porch and watching everyone. Their bows and ties are from www.pamperedpooches.co. Use code “2labs” at checkout for 10% off your order. v
Pineapple Veggie Chicken Kabobs
For the kabobs
- 4 large chicken breasts, cut into strips and then chunks
- 1 fresh pineapple, cut into chunks
- 3 large red bell peppers, cut into chunks
- 2 yellow squash, cut into chunks
- 1 large red onion, cut into chunks
For the marindade
- 1/3 cup soy sauce (reduce sodium if you are worried about salt)
- 1 can pineapple (for juice)
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1/3 cup brown sugar, packed down (I used light brown sugar)
- 2 tbsps olive oil
- 2 tbsps sesame oil
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- pinch of salt and pepper
- 3 tbsps minced garlic (fresh)
- Cut chicken into strips and then into chunks
- Mince garlic
- Add garlic, soy sauce, pineapple juice, ketchup, brown sugar, olive oil, sesame oil, water, cornstarch, salt and pepper to chicken and let marinate. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Using metal skewers, layer your chicken, pineapple cubes, and veggies
- Cook on grill at medium heat until chicken is tender and veggies are crispy
- Keep basting while cooking
I love hearing from all of you and do my best to respond to each and every one of you. I always enjoy your comments, feedback, and suggestions so keep them coming! If I’ve posted a recipe (for our human and our furry friends) and you try it, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram @twoadorablelabs and use #twoadorablelabs.
If you do try and love my recipes, I would greatly appreciate a comment and rating. I read every single one and respond to them. It also lets Google know that the website contains quality content. The more comments and 5-star ratings, the more Google will show my blog in search results! Thank you so much!
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
You Might Also Like
Happy Wednesday everyone! Baking these Apple Butter Cookies brought all the falls feels! Browned butter, apple butter, nutmeg, cinnamon, all-spice, brown sugar, maple syrup! What better way to enjoy a rainy day than to bake these cookies…gooey with large chunks of...
Happy Wednesday everyone! This Lemon Butter Garlic Sauce packs a punch! It tastes exactly how it sounds with strong lemon, butter, and garlic flavors and smells incredible. Mr. TAL kept asking what I was making and I couldn’t wait to surprise him. I tossed in some...
Happy Wednesday everyone! Are you in the mood for something deliciously sweet? This banana foster is the perfect topping for a French Vanilla ice cream sundae. Bananas coated in a rich, buttery, syrupy sweet mixture is the perfect topping for sundaes and French...
Happy Wednesday everyone! I literally just made these Handmade Tater Tots for Mr. TAL and they were delicious. I had a totally different post going out today which was a Bananas Foster recipe but I’ll save that for next week! Shredded potatoes, cream cheese, extra...
Happy Wednesday everyone! This Baked Gnocchi With Pomodoro Sauce is incredibly easy to make with loads of flavor! This simple tomato sauce gets tons of flavor from herbs sautéed in olive oil with pillows of potato gnocchi and topped with mozzarella cheese! Mix in a...
Happy Wednesday everyone! These Bacon Wrapped Puff Pastry Twists are incredible! Puff Pastry intertwined with thick salty bacon strips, smothered in egg, cheese, cayenne pepper, nutmeg, garlic powder, then coated with more egg, cheese, and brown sugar. These twists...