I love creating a cake from scratch but we have busy lives! This is a great recipe for a quick dessert with loads of flavor! I chose to use my cupcake holders from Amazon and fill up 12 large cups creating these fun and pretty cupcakes. I had some leftover chocolate sprinkles, crystals, and white chocolate chips to sprinkle on top which highlights and compliments the flavor of the cupcakes.
If you are like me, I like biting into icing that has slivers of solid chocolate which is how I created this recipe. The white chocolate morsels are melted down until almost blended and taken out and stirred with a spoon. This allows the chunks or pieces that weren’t all the way melted to remain.
Want a double layered cake? You can do this one of two ways which is to bake two separate cakes and layering icing in the middle and stacking one on the other or baking one round cake and slicing that down the middle. Layer the bottom with icing and stack the piece on top. Sit on a beautiful dish, ice, and decorate to your liking.
- 1 box Betty Crocker Delight carrot cake mix w/ pudding
- 2 tbsp cacoa powder
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 11 oz bag of white chocolate chips
- 2 cups confectioner sugar
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 8 tbsp butter, salted, softened
- 2 tbsp vanilla
- 2 tbsp International Delight Extra Sweet Cream (secret ingredient)
- 1 handful white chocolate chips
- 1 handful Betty Crocker chocolate sprinkles
- 1 handful crystal sprinkles in gold
- Mix cake mix as directed on box
- Add in nuts and cocoa
- Bake according to instructions
- While cake is baking, blend cream cheese, confectioner sugar, butter, vanilla together
- Melt chocolate chips and pour into icing mixture
- Add creamer and blend well until creamy
- Mix sprinkles and chocolate chips together
- When cake or cupcakes are done and cooled, ice, and sprinkle with your favorite topping if you want
I love hearing from all of you and do my best to respond to each and every one of you. I always enjoy your comments, feedback, and suggestions so keep them coming! If I’ve posted a recipe (for our human and our furry friends) and you try it, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram @twoadorablelabs and use #twoadorablelabs.
You Might Also Like
Happy Wednesday everyone! Baking these Apple Butter Cookies brought all the falls feels! Browned butter, apple butter, nutmeg, cinnamon, all-spice, brown sugar, maple syrup! What better way to enjoy a rainy day than to bake these cookies…gooey with large chunks of...
Happy Wednesday everyone! This Lemon Butter Garlic Sauce packs a punch! It tastes exactly how it sounds with strong lemon, butter, and garlic flavors and smells incredible. Mr. TAL kept asking what I was making and I couldn’t wait to surprise him. I tossed in some...
Happy Wednesday everyone! Are you in the mood for something deliciously sweet? This banana foster is the perfect topping for a French Vanilla ice cream sundae. Bananas coated in a rich, buttery, syrupy sweet mixture is the perfect topping for sundaes and French...