Gift Wrapping Ideas
Match the ribbon with the paper and match the gift with the tree!
Our tree is done in the traditional red and white with gold and silver accents. When I found this paper at TJ Maxx last year and the ribbon this year at Hobby Lobby, I knew this would be the theme under the tree! It all matches perfectly. Word of advice: Beware of sparky paper! I love bling and sparkle but the glitter ends up everywhere! I don’t have to worry because this gift is for Thomas, but if you are exchanging gifts at a restaurant or someone’s house, they might not love glitter all over the place!
Double the ribbon for a more dramatic look!
When I look at wrapping paper, I like choosing two of the main colors to work with and work my ribbon around that. I loved the light green in this wrapping paper but did not have the ribbon to match. Instead, I chose a neutral gold with a pattern that complimented the paper! I layered one on top of the other, twist tied the first loop and then added 3 loops on each side.
Make the bow the main focal point!
Make the bow the main focal point by picking a more dramatic color and choosing a size bigger than the gift. I’ve wrapped presents before where the bow covered the entire top of the gift. I also double the pipe cleaners by twisting 2 together, curling the ends around under the bow, and security with tape. This way, if the person receiving the gift wants to use the bow again, they have room to tie it to whatever they choose to or cut the ends of with scissors.
Save time wrapping!
For this gift, I found a decorative Christmas box with a velcro lid at Home Goods to match ribbon that I had bought last year in Sugarcreek, OH at their Christmas Barn. Using a gift box saves time and wrapping and gives the receiver of the gift a box they can use in the future. Just add a bow and you are done! Don’t forget to find some cute tissue paper! I love to open a gift and peek through the tissue paper to see what’s in the box! I think it also completes the wrapping and unwrapping experience.
- Look for sales on wrapping materials after the holidays.
- If you are like me and prefer a thicker paper, check out TJ Maxx, Marshall’s, Hobby Lobby, and Home Goods.
- Find a paper that has the grid lines on the back of the paper to help you cut a straight line.
- Place the top of your gift face down on the paper and tape the back of your box vs the front. This way when your gift is opened, the top will be facing up.
- Make sure you always buy heavy duty Scotch tape.
- Look for clear tape so it doesn’t show on the paper.
- If you are looking for a more organic look, buy a roll of brown paper.
- You can decorate your brown gift wrap with string, pine, herbs, or even silk flowers and berries.
- Sign the To: and From: in a thick marker and use a stamp to add a decorative flair. For example: Snowflakes!
- I’ve also added silk flowers to my presents to give a more feminine look.
- Use the suggestions I typed above.
- Store wrapping paper and bows in plastic bins and keep them organized by holiday, birthday, etc. I have found that with my glitter paper, using a garbage bag and tying the handles to a hanger, helps keep the glitter in place, and keeps the paper from bending. Try to re-use as much as you can because we all know gift wrapping can get expensive. I have a spot in my closet made just for my wrapping materials. One container holds tissue paper, one for bags, one for bows, and one for tape, string, pens, markers, scissors, tags, and pipe cleaners. I also keep a box of miscellaneous cards and thank you notes just incase I need them.
You Might Also Like
Soooo.....I took Jake and Maggie to the vet last night to get their preventative shots for Lyme disease and they acted as if they had never had a day of training in their lives!! I could see the vet tech looking at me and I knew what she was thinking...get your dogs...
Two Adorable Labs is having a “Fall Candle Sale” https://twoadorablelabs.com/our-shop/ Let’s kick off the season with our delicious 8 oz glass Hazelnut, Pumpkin Spice Latte, and Coffee scents and a short video at the end. Your house will smell like you just made a...
Happy Monday everyone! I hope my Buffalo Check Fall Table makes your day even brighter. I’m so happy fall is here. I spent the weekend decorating my front porch and putting this fun table together. With finds from Kirklands, Hobby Lobby, Dollar General, and...