Here are a few ideas for gift giving at Christmas for you pet lovers!
1. Buy a treat container like I did, fill it with treats, and decorate the outside of it using decorative tags and a treat scoop
2. Create your own handmade treat and write up the recipe on a decorative card. Wrap in a beautiful box and address to the dog’s name
3. Buy a subscription box from a pet bakery or pet business so that your gift keeps giving all year long
4. Fill a basket for your loved one and include their pets gifts to make it more special
5. Buy a $10.00 gift card for each month of the year at a local pet store
6. Offer to babysit for an hour or a day
7. If money is not an object, book a vacation for that special friend or family member at a pet friendly resort so they can take their fur baby with them all expenses paid by you
8. Instead of giving a gift, make a monetary donation in their name to an animal shelter or charity
11. Check out https://puppypaws.shop
for subscription boxes that include fun pet gifts and their delicious coffee
13. Create a Christmas tree just for a pet with personalized and specialty selected ornaments
14. If you know of someone who is looking at training or boarding, gift a gift card to that facility for when they are reading to schedule their sessions
15. Give a gift card to a pet groomer of their choice
16. Purchase a subscription to a pet magazine
18. Setup your donations through Amazon by logging into www.smileamazon.com
and choosing either a charity already submitted or add one of your own. A percentage of your purchases will go to that charity. Amazon keeps track and sends you a statement via email.
19. Call an animal shelter and pay for a monthly adoption fee for 1 dog/cat or more in your friend’s name.
20. Spend a day with your friend working at an animal shelter and learning about the animals instead of a gift.
21. Show your child that instead of giving and receiving gifts, you give the gift of time and love to a charity or shelter in need