Caramelized Apple Crisp Bars With Pecan Streusel And Cream Cheese Maple Glaze
- 2 sticks butter I used salted butter
- 3 Honeycrisp apples
- 3 Granny Smith apples
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar + 2 tablespoons
- 3 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 cup Craisins
- 1 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 cup pecans
- 1/3 cup sweetened shredded coconut You can also use unsweetened
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 3 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp confectioner sugar
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cup up apples into small squares.
- Line 9 x 13 baking dish or sheet with parchment paper. You can also use butter to butter it. I used PAM cooking spray.
- Heat up butter in a cast iron skillet until bubbling. Drop in apples, 2 tablespoons brown sugar, 1/2 tsp cinnamon. Toss until caramelized. Approximately 10 minutes.
- Take off heat. In a large bowl, toss in remaining brown sugar, oats, whole wheat flour, remaining cinnamon, baking soda, pecans, Craisins, shredded coconut, maple syrup, and vanilla until combined and moistened.
- Spread into baking dish and top with some shredded coconut.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes.
- Let cool and cut into squares.
- While apple crisp is baking, using a mixer, blend cream cheese (room temp), 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup, 1/2 teaspoon vanilla, 2 tbsp confectioner sugar, and 2 tbsp brown sugar
- Drizzle over apple crisp squares to your liking
I’m Bobbi Jo, a lab-lover who took my passion for animals and dogs and turned it into something bigger. When I adopted Jake and Maggie, my love for them became the driving force behind Two Adorable Labs, and my blog was born. My hope is to not only share them with the world, but to help educate others on the importance of animal health and well-being.
I love hearing from all of you and do my best to respond to each and every one of you. I always enjoy your comments, feedback, and suggestions so keep them coming! If I’ve posted a recipe (for our human and our furry friends) and you try it, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram @twoadorablelabs and use #twoadorablelabs.
If you do try and love my recipes, I would greatly appreciate a comment and rating. I read every single one and respond to them. It also lets Google know that the website contains quality content. The more comments and 5-star ratings, the more Google will show my blog in search results! Thank you so much!
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
You Might Also Like
Happy Wednesday everyone! Baking these Apple Butter Cookies brought all the falls feels! Browned butter, apple butter, nutmeg, cinnamon, all-spice, brown sugar, maple syrup! What better way to enjoy a rainy day than to bake these cookies…gooey with large chunks of...
Happy Wednesday everyone! This Lemon Butter Garlic Sauce packs a punch! It tastes exactly how it sounds with strong lemon, butter, and garlic flavors and smells incredible. Mr. TAL kept asking what I was making and I couldn’t wait to surprise him. I tossed in some...
Happy Wednesday everyone! Are you in the mood for something deliciously sweet? This banana foster is the perfect topping for a French Vanilla ice cream sundae. Bananas coated in a rich, buttery, syrupy sweet mixture is the perfect topping for sundaes and French...
Happy Wednesday everyone! I literally just made these Handmade Tater Tots for Mr. TAL and they were delicious. I had a totally different post going out today which was a Bananas Foster recipe but I’ll save that for next week! Shredded potatoes, cream cheese, extra...
Happy Wednesday everyone! This Baked Gnocchi With Pomodoro Sauce is incredibly easy to make with loads of flavor! This simple tomato sauce gets tons of flavor from herbs sautéed in olive oil with pillows of potato gnocchi and topped with mozzarella cheese! Mix in a...
Happy Wednesday everyone! These Bacon Wrapped Puff Pastry Twists are incredible! Puff Pastry intertwined with thick salty bacon strips, smothered in egg, cheese, cayenne pepper, nutmeg, garlic powder, then coated with more egg, cheese, and brown sugar. These twists...