Handmade Tater Tots
- 1 cast iron skillet You can also use a pot
- 1 for or strainer for turning and removing from pan
- 1 bowl for mixing
- 1 pound bag of shredded potatoes, thawed I used frozen potatoes but you can shred your own if you like. Just make sure the water is drained from them
- 8 oz cream cheese, regular, softened
- 1 cup shredded extra sharp cheddar cheese I bought a block of cheese and shredded it myself
- 1/2 cup plain bread crumbs I used Private Selection
- garlic salt and pepper to taste
- 1 bunch scallions, sliced I saved some for topping
- 2 cups Canola oil You can use more if you like
- Let shredded potatoes thaw a bit
- Add cream cheese, extra sharp cheddar cheese, bread crumbs, salt and pepper and mix well
- Form into medium size balls
- Fry in Canola oil until crispy
- Drain and serve hot with ranch dressing. Top with more scallions, cheese, and ranch if you like
I’m Bobbi Jo, a lab-lover who took my passion for animals and dogs and turned it into something bigger. When I adopted Jake and Maggie, my love for them became the driving force behind Two Adorable Labs, and my blog was born. My hope is to not only share them with the world, but to help educate others on the importance of animal health and well-being.
I love hearing from all of you and do my best to respond to each and every one of you. I always enjoy your comments, feedback, and suggestions so keep them coming! If I’ve posted a recipe (for our human and our furry friends) and you try it, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram @twoadorablelabs and use #twoadorablelabs.
If you do try and love my recipes, I would greatly appreciate a comment and rating. I read every single one and respond to them. It also lets Google know that the website contains quality content. The more comments and 5-star ratings, the more Google will show my blog in search results! Thank you so much!
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
You Might Also Like
Happy Wednesday everyone! Baking these Apple Butter Cookies brought all the falls feels! Browned butter, apple butter, nutmeg, cinnamon, all-spice, brown sugar, maple syrup! What better way to enjoy a rainy day than to bake these cookies…gooey with large chunks of...
Happy Wednesday everyone! This Lemon Butter Garlic Sauce packs a punch! It tastes exactly how it sounds with strong lemon, butter, and garlic flavors and smells incredible. Mr. TAL kept asking what I was making and I couldn’t wait to surprise him. I tossed in some...
Happy Wednesday everyone! Are you in the mood for something deliciously sweet? This banana foster is the perfect topping for a French Vanilla ice cream sundae. Bananas coated in a rich, buttery, syrupy sweet mixture is the perfect topping for sundaes and French...
Happy Wednesday everyone! This Baked Gnocchi With Pomodoro Sauce is incredibly easy to make with loads of flavor! This simple tomato sauce gets tons of flavor from herbs sautéed in olive oil with pillows of potato gnocchi and topped with mozzarella cheese! Mix in a...
Happy Wednesday everyone! These Bacon Wrapped Puff Pastry Twists are incredible! Puff Pastry intertwined with thick salty bacon strips, smothered in egg, cheese, cayenne pepper, nutmeg, garlic powder, then coated with more egg, cheese, and brown sugar. These twists...
Happy Wednesday everyone! We are day 21 of The 24 Days Before Christmas and we are talking about making this very Cream Cheese Christmas Tree loaded with Philadelphia cream cheese, 4 cheese Mexican cheese, extra sharp cheddar, and mozzarella cheese! Add pecans,...