Supplements For Dogs Fighting Cancer
Jake and Maggie's new outfits for St. Patrick's Day from Walmart
- Omega 3 fatty acids serve as natural anti-inflammatories in cells
- It is important to introduce it gradually since high doses can cause diarrhea
- Speak to your vet before giving to your pet
- Chaga mushroom is a type of fungus that goes mainly on the bark of birch trees in cold climates including northern Canada and Alaska. It can be given in liquid form and is also a stimulant for the immune system in both people and dogs preventing the spread of cancer.
- Chaga, reishi, shiitake and turkey tail contain immune polysaccharides, also known as beta gluons, have anti-tumor effects and prevent the spread of cancer.
- Chaga is said to help with aging and inflammation
- Shiitake with lowering cholesterol, heart health, blood pressure, and circulation
- Turkey tail with immune support, cancer preventing and antioxidants
- Reishi with regulating they immune system, fighting cancer and helping with sleep, anxiety, and depression; and cordyceps with energy and muscle recovery
- An Ayurvedic herb also known as ginseng, it has been studied in mice and was found to have anti-cancer properties and can decrease neurodegeneration, inflammation, adrenal stress, and anxiety
- A bioactive compound in ashwagandha is thought promote the death of tumor cells and may be effective against serial types of cancer
- Hoxsey formula, Stasis breaker, HSA formula and Sue Fu Zhu Yu Tang
- Herbal formulas typically contain multiple herbs and have complex mechanisms of action
- Recommendations for a specific formula is tailored to the individual patient
- Combining herbs with other aspects of TCVM (acupuncture, massage, food therapy) can be quite effective
- Green tea contains polyphenols, which are strong antioxidants, and “antioxidants prevent DNA damage which an lead cancer”
- Green Tea extract regulates blood sugar and blood pressure, prevent disease, and keep skin and liver healthy
- Typically used in dogs with liver disease, milk thistle aids with cellular repair and regeneration and detoxification
- Can be helpful with dogs undergoing chemotherapy
- Studies have shown milk thistle to reduce liver enzyme elevations and allow patients to receive chemotherapy on schedule
- Relieves inflammation and pain as well as cancer cell growth
- Also used for hay fever, depression, high cholesterol, liver disease, and itching
- An iron-binding protein found in colostrum, lactoferrin is being researched as promising agent in cancer preventing and treatment
- It has antibacterial and antiviral properties
- Used to treat diarrhea, inflammation of the liver caused by the hepatitis C virus, anemia, common colds, sepsis, and other conditions
- A hemp-derived cannabinoid, CBD has become very popular for its health benefits for humans and dogs
- CBD can be very helpful in relieving pain and nausea and stimulating appetite in most dogs
- Can help with relieveing side effects of chemotherapy
- There is also evidence that CBD and many of chemicals in cannabis have specific anti-cancer effects
I love hearing from all of you and do my best to respond to each and every one of you. I always enjoy your comments, feedback, and suggestions so keep them coming! If I’ve posted a recipe (for our human and our furry friends) and you try it, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram @twoadorablelabs and use #twoadorablelabsInstagram.
You Might Also Like
A Chemical Free Yard For Your Pet
Happy Wednesday everyone! Today was so beautiful with sunny skies that it made me want to go out and start my yard work (boy do I have a lot to do). I always consider the dogs when fertilizing and planting. We have a grub problem this year and I’m on the search for...
Do Dogs Know When They Are Going To Die?
Happy Wednesday everyone! Do Dogs Know When They Are Going To Die? This is not a happy topic but one that I wanted to write about. I was looking at the calendar today and on April 6th almost 7 years ago, our sweet Bella passed away. We had already lost our Bear to...
Very interesting on the supplements you can give..I would try anything to help my pets! The pups are so cute with their festive attire 💚🍀
Thank you! I thought the article was interesting! I’m so glad I shared it with everyone! Happy St. Patty’s Day!
I love all of your information, pics of the pup’s and recipe’s. Thanks for sharing!
Thank you so much! Jake and Maggie enjoyed their little photo session :-).
Happy St. Paddy’s Day!
Happy St. Patrick’s Day!!!