Supplements For Dogs Fighting Cancer
Jake and Maggie's new outfits for St. Patrick's Day from Walmart
- Omega 3 fatty acids serve as natural anti-inflammatories in cells
- It is important to introduce it gradually since high doses can cause diarrhea
- Speak to your vet before giving to your pet
- Chaga mushroom is a type of fungus that goes mainly on the bark of birch trees in cold climates including northern Canada and Alaska. It can be given in liquid form and is also a stimulant for the immune system in both people and dogs preventing the spread of cancer.
- Chaga, reishi, shiitake and turkey tail contain immune polysaccharides, also known as beta gluons, have anti-tumor effects and prevent the spread of cancer.
- Chaga is said to help with aging and inflammation
- Shiitake with lowering cholesterol, heart health, blood pressure, and circulation
- Turkey tail with immune support, cancer preventing and antioxidants
- Reishi with regulating they immune system, fighting cancer and helping with sleep, anxiety, and depression; and cordyceps with energy and muscle recovery
- An Ayurvedic herb also known as ginseng, it has been studied in mice and was found to have anti-cancer properties and can decrease neurodegeneration, inflammation, adrenal stress, and anxiety
- A bioactive compound in ashwagandha is thought promote the death of tumor cells and may be effective against serial types of cancer
- Hoxsey formula, Stasis breaker, HSA formula and Sue Fu Zhu Yu Tang
- Herbal formulas typically contain multiple herbs and have complex mechanisms of action
- Recommendations for a specific formula is tailored to the individual patient
- Combining herbs with other aspects of TCVM (acupuncture, massage, food therapy) can be quite effective
- Green tea contains polyphenols, which are strong antioxidants, and “antioxidants prevent DNA damage which an lead cancer”
- Green Tea extract regulates blood sugar and blood pressure, prevent disease, and keep skin and liver healthy
- Typically used in dogs with liver disease, milk thistle aids with cellular repair and regeneration and detoxification
- Can be helpful with dogs undergoing chemotherapy
- Studies have shown milk thistle to reduce liver enzyme elevations and allow patients to receive chemotherapy on schedule
- Relieves inflammation and pain as well as cancer cell growth
- Also used for hay fever, depression, high cholesterol, liver disease, and itching
- An iron-binding protein found in colostrum, lactoferrin is being researched as promising agent in cancer preventing and treatment
- It has antibacterial and antiviral properties
- Used to treat diarrhea, inflammation of the liver caused by the hepatitis C virus, anemia, common colds, sepsis, and other conditions
- A hemp-derived cannabinoid, CBD has become very popular for its health benefits for humans and dogs
- CBD can be very helpful in relieving pain and nausea and stimulating appetite in most dogs
- Can help with relieveing side effects of chemotherapy
- There is also evidence that CBD and many of chemicals in cannabis have specific anti-cancer effects
I love hearing from all of you and do my best to respond to each and every one of you. I always enjoy your comments, feedback, and suggestions so keep them coming! If I’ve posted a recipe (for our human and our furry friends) and you try it, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram @twoadorablelabs and use #twoadorablelabsInstagram.
You Might Also Like
Happy Monday everyone! Who is ready for home projects? We are and we are checking items off our "to-do" list!! Pet Safe Paint...Spring is here and we are working on getting our home projects done which means painting and more painting! From the outside to the...
Happy Monday everyone!!!! I hope you all had a wonderful Easter. We had a gorgeous Easter weekend where Jake and Maggie enjoyed another Easter egg hunt, played Frisbee in the yard and tried a new doggie treat. I read in Southern Living magazine that 2020 was the...