- Mashed strawberries
- Carob Chips
- Unsweetened Applesauce
- Rice Krispies
- Crumbled Dehydrated Liver Treats
Gourmet Doggie Ice Cream
- 2 cups natural plain yogurt (choose unsweetened, "live active culture" or "probiotic" yogurt. This makes it easier to digest and the "good bugs" are great for your dog's gut health)
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 2 tbsp honey
- Mash the banana and stir it into the natural, plain yogurt.
- Next stir the peanut butter (you may want to warm it to room temperature to make it easier to stir in) into the banana-yogurt mixture. Add the honey and mix until all ingredients are well combined.
- Pour the mixture into cupcake liners and freeze overnight.
- Store in the freezer in a Ziploc bag until ready to give to your dog! Some dogs like to have their "ice cream" treat partially thawed before serving. And you may want to feed this treat outside! (People with carpeting, this tip is for you.)
I love hearing from all of you and do my best to respond to each and every one of you. I always enjoy your comments, feedback, and suggestions so keep them coming! If I’ve posted a recipe (for our human and our furry friends) and you try it, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram @twoadorablelabs and use #twoadorablelabsInstagram.
You Might Also Like
Happy Wednesday everyone! I’m a big fan of Instagram but sometimes the images are quite graphic as they were this week. Seeing the many starved animals due to abuse is heartbreaking but it’s also made me aware of what Refeeding Syndrome means. I have never heard...
Happy Wednesday everyone! Does your pup love watermelon? Then he will love this easy, whip in a blender, Frozen Watermelon Treat to enjoy on a hot summer day! Mr. TAL and I had a cookout this past weekend and I bought watermelon, cantaloupe, and mixed berries to...
Happy Monday everyone! Today on the blog we talk about Tips On Flying With Your Pet. Mr. TAL and I cancelled our trip to Asheville and had a staycation instead but are keeping our trip to Tennessee in September. We’ve talked about taking other trips which got me...