- Mashed strawberries
- Carob Chips
- Unsweetened Applesauce
- Rice Krispies
- Crumbled Dehydrated Liver Treats
Gourmet Doggie Ice Cream
- 2 cups natural plain yogurt (choose unsweetened, "live active culture" or "probiotic" yogurt. This makes it easier to digest and the "good bugs" are great for your dog's gut health)
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 2 tbsp honey
- Mash the banana and stir it into the natural, plain yogurt.
- Next stir the peanut butter (you may want to warm it to room temperature to make it easier to stir in) into the banana-yogurt mixture. Add the honey and mix until all ingredients are well combined.
- Pour the mixture into cupcake liners and freeze overnight.
- Store in the freezer in a Ziploc bag until ready to give to your dog! Some dogs like to have their "ice cream" treat partially thawed before serving. And you may want to feed this treat outside! (People with carpeting, this tip is for you.)
I love hearing from all of you and do my best to respond to each and every one of you. I always enjoy your comments, feedback, and suggestions so keep them coming! If I’ve posted a recipe (for our human and our furry friends) and you try it, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram @twoadorablelabs and use #twoadorablelabsInstagram.
You Might Also Like
A Chemical Free Yard For Your Pet
Happy Wednesday everyone! Today was so beautiful with sunny skies that it made me want to go out and start my yard work (boy do I have a lot to do). I always consider the dogs when fertilizing and planting. We have a grub problem this year and I’m on the search for...
Do Dogs Know When They Are Going To Die?
Happy Wednesday everyone! Do Dogs Know When They Are Going To Die? This is not a happy topic but one that I wanted to write about. I was looking at the calendar today and on April 6th almost 7 years ago, our sweet Bella passed away. We had already lost our Bear to...
Jake’s Surgery At Ohio State University Veterinary Medical Center And Dog Friendly Columbus, OH
Happy Wednesday everyone! I previously wrote a post about Jake’s Luxating Patella/Cranial Cruciate surgery last year and we thought we were out of the water. But our hopes for a successful recovery went wrong. During that surgery, two screws were placed in the knee...
I love this recipe for the pups! The pics of them are so cute getting their frozen treat 🥰
Thank you! Jake And Maggie get so excited when I make their treats. I take my photos of their treats in the same spot and they know that when mom goes to that spot, something good follows haa haa
Wow they look really good! I agree with you that it looks good to eat for people too. Lol! Keep up the good work Bobbi Jo. Love the pictures of your fur babies!
Awh thank you so much! These treats are good. I wrapped them up and they are sitting in the freezer for a treat later…for all of us 🙂