How To Make Silk Flowers Look Real
- Use a styrofoam bottom to stick the stems in
- Lay chicken wire or using tape, tape off the top in both horizontal and vertical sections
- Start with your largest flower and position into the middle square at the highest point you want your arrangement to be
- Work around and down from that point, layering your flowers into the appropriate sections
- Make sure your florals are spread out evenly and not bunched up into one spot
- Add fillers of different stems, beads, berries, branches, etc to give your arrangement dimension
- Want to give your arrangement a bit of shimmer, lightly spray with shimmer craft paint
- Choose a silk floral that is good quality
- Spread out each leaf and petal to create a full look on each stem
- If they are wrinkled, lay a towel over the petals and leaves and iron them on low heat
- Cut the stems so that they look real if going into a clear vase of water
- Want to give the affect of having living florals, add them to a clear vase of water
- Use the appropriate combination of florals for the appropriate season. You wouldn’t want hydrangeas with poinsettias.
I love hearing from all of you and do my best to respond to each and every one of you. I always enjoy your comments, feedback, and suggestions so keep them coming! If I’ve posted a recipe (for our human and our furry friends) and you try it, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram @twoadorablelabs and use #twoadorablelabsInstagram.
You Might Also Like
Two Adorable Labs is having a “Fall Candle Sale” https://twoadorablelabs.com/our-shop/ Let’s kick off the season with our delicious 8 oz glass Hazelnut, Pumpkin Spice Latte, and Coffee scents and a short video at the end. Your house will smell like you just made a...
Happy Monday everyone! I hope my Buffalo Check Fall Table makes your day even brighter. I’m so happy fall is here. I spent the weekend decorating my front porch and putting this fun table together. With finds from Kirklands, Hobby Lobby, Dollar General, and...
Happy Friday everyone! Did you know September is National Happy, Healthy Cat Month!???? It was Wednesday, September 1st and I totally missed it but better late than never I always say. I had my notes ready and was planning on doing a cat post anyway on How To Bathe...