How To Make Silk Flowers Look Real
- Use a styrofoam bottom to stick the stems in
- Lay chicken wire or using tape, tape off the top in both horizontal and vertical sections
- Start with your largest flower and position into the middle square at the highest point you want your arrangement to be
- Work around and down from that point, layering your flowers into the appropriate sections
- Make sure your florals are spread out evenly and not bunched up into one spot
- Add fillers of different stems, beads, berries, branches, etc to give your arrangement dimension
- Want to give your arrangement a bit of shimmer, lightly spray with shimmer craft paint
- Choose a silk floral that is good quality
- Spread out each leaf and petal to create a full look on each stem
- If they are wrinkled, lay a towel over the petals and leaves and iron them on low heat
- Cut the stems so that they look real if going into a clear vase of water
- Want to give the affect of having living florals, add them to a clear vase of water
- Use the appropriate combination of florals for the appropriate season. You wouldn’t want hydrangeas with poinsettias.
I love hearing from all of you and do my best to respond to each and every one of you. I always enjoy your comments, feedback, and suggestions so keep them coming! If I’ve posted a recipe (for our human and our furry friends) and you try it, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram @twoadorablelabs and use #twoadorablelabsInstagram.
You Might Also Like
Happy Wednesday everyone! Ever wonder what your pet's reaction means to something? Your Dog's Zodiac Sign is a fun post that sheds light on their behavior based on the month they were born. Jake and Maggie are Gemini's born June 8, 2017! The horoscope (see chart)...
Happy New Years!!!! I’m so excited to talk about my New Years Table With Pink And Red Showcasing Ava’s Candles!!!!! The colors on this table were inspired by the colors of my bedroom when I was a child. Yes, I had a pink and red bedroom and it was beautiful. I...
I wanted to take this time to wish all of you a Merry Christmas and thank you for all of your support, ideas, thoughts, and suggestions along the way. I have many things to be thankful for and am grateful that I have this blog which gives me the opportunity to let my...