How To Make Silk Flowers Look Real
- Use a styrofoam bottom to stick the stems in
- Lay chicken wire or using tape, tape off the top in both horizontal and vertical sections
- Start with your largest flower and position into the middle square at the highest point you want your arrangement to be
- Work around and down from that point, layering your flowers into the appropriate sections
- Make sure your florals are spread out evenly and not bunched up into one spot
- Add fillers of different stems, beads, berries, branches, etc to give your arrangement dimension
- Want to give your arrangement a bit of shimmer, lightly spray with shimmer craft paint
- Choose a silk floral that is good quality
- Spread out each leaf and petal to create a full look on each stem
- If they are wrinkled, lay a towel over the petals and leaves and iron them on low heat
- Cut the stems so that they look real if going into a clear vase of water
- Want to give the affect of having living florals, add them to a clear vase of water
- Use the appropriate combination of florals for the appropriate season. You wouldn’t want hydrangeas with poinsettias.
I love hearing from all of you and do my best to respond to each and every one of you. I always enjoy your comments, feedback, and suggestions so keep them coming! If I’ve posted a recipe (for our human and our furry friends) and you try it, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram @twoadorablelabs and use #twoadorablelabsInstagram.
You Might Also Like
Happy Monday everyone! Who is ready for home projects? We are and we are checking items off our "to-do" list!! Pet Safe Paint...Spring is here and we are working on getting our home projects done which means painting and more painting! From the outside to the...
Happy Wednesday everyone! It’s a beautiful week to put together a spring table! The sun is shining and it’s 80 degrees here in WV! I’ve decided to plant another herb garden this year (see my 1st herb garden last year) and I’m going bigger this year so wish me luck!...
Happy Monday everyone!!!! I hope you all had a wonderful Easter. We had a gorgeous Easter weekend where Jake and Maggie enjoyed another Easter egg hunt, played Frisbee in the yard and tried a new doggie treat. I read in Southern Living magazine that 2020 was the...